Good deals on new AR-15 uppers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Well "el cheapo" arrived today via the USPS from Primary Arms. Pretty impressive for a $200 dollar .300 BO melonited barrel keyhole upper, all the handguard screws are tight, gas tube properly aligned, and my scope rings slide right on the picatinny rail.
    Have some other parts coming next week to complete the rifle and then take it to Nick's range. We shall see....but so far I'm liking this very competitive el cheapo price market :)

o86kw8ee3d6oh5os3sk.jpg

5ix6h2blt8lx0fbq0uqm.jpg

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Well "el cheapo" arrived today via the USPS from Primary Arms. Pretty impressive for a $200 dollar .300 BO melonited barrel keyhole upper, all the handguard screws are tight, gas tube properly aligned, and my scope rings slide right on the picatinny rail.
    Have some other parts coming next week to complete the rifle and then take it to Nick's range. We shall see....but so far I'm liking this very competitive el cheapo price market :)

o86kw8ee3d6oh5os3sk.jpg

5ix6h2blt8lx0fbq0uqm.jpg

You suck I ordered thd same thing except 8.5 inch and directly from radical a month ago almost and it hasnt shipped.

Sorry guess I'm jealous. :p

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    NP bro. I read on Radical's FB page, people waiting 2 months for delivery. But its worth the wait. Primary is already sold out of the upper i just got this morning. They have a few RF uppers still available, but not what ur waiting on.
    It'll get there one of these days.....

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    It's crazy how relatively affordable they sell them, considering RF has to make a little profit and PA makes a little on top of that also. But just to be on the safe side, I would maybe check the torque on the gas block and make sure theres a little loctite on the gas block screws.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    NP bro. I read on Radical's FB page, people waiting 2 months for delivery. But its worth the wait. Primary is already sold out of the upper i just got this morning. They have a few RF uppers still available, but not what ur waiting on.
    It'll get there one of these days.....

It's crazy how relatively affordable they sell them, considering RF has to make a little profit and PA makes a little on top of that also. But just to be on the safe side, I would maybe check the torque on the gas block and make sure theres a little loctite on the gas block screws.

Yeah I like most everything I have read about them. My deciding factor is they function test the 300bo's with a super and a sub on a carbine buffer. I dont mind checking the gas block and the barrel nut for torque spec so long as what they send me functions and is reasonably priced. Seems like too many people agreed with me, dang it.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Whitebread, Primary has a RF 8.5" 300 BO upper with an upgraded 7" handguard/rail for $300 in stock right now. The basic 8.5" for $200 sold out this week because i was trying to decide between the 8 or 16".

http://www.primaryarms.com/radical-firearms-85-300blk-barreled-upper-receiver-w-7-mcsr-rail/p/rfupperv1.0.85-300mcsr/

And the nice thing about Primary is they don't rip you on shipping. My shipping was $10 for the upper, BCG, charging handle, and a barrel thread protector.

I just check my order status and it said processing, so.... fingers crossed

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I'd have to take off the handguard off to check. I'm not disassembling/checking anything further....I'm gonna shoot it til it falls apart...if it does.....LOL
    We shall see......stay tuned.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'd be more concerned with the barrel extension than all of the other stuff. The biggest issue I've had with "lesser quality" parts is parts being out of spec.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I'd be more concerned with the barrel extension than all of the other stuff. The biggest issue I've had with "lesser quality" parts is parts being out of spec.

I agree, I had a cheap quad rail on one of the budget uppers that wouldn't fit a mbus sight, and psa sent me an upper with a charging handle that was out of spec and could not cycle. Let's you know their level of quality control, that 1 pull of a charging handle would have told you it didn't work, or the effort involved into putting it in its channel was a red flag. They sent me another charging handle but it's the fact that it left the factory as a complete upper that's an issue.

NORSEWOLF

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Myself and a friend both ordered a 300blk.
    0 issues all the way around.
    Drilled the hog in my hunting post with mine.
    16" barrel 150 yards right behind its ear.
    I'm shooting 110gr Hornady VMAX factory ammo.
    But also I started reloading and will be going with 125g Sierra pro Hunter
    With 17.5 gr of H110 .

Norsewolf

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Myself and a friend both ordered a 300blk.
    0 issues all the way around.
    Drilled the hog in my hunting post with mine.
    16" barrel 150 yards right behind its ear.
    I'm shooting 110gr Hornady VMAX factory ammo.
    But also I started reloading and will be going with 125g Sierra pro Hunter
    With 17.5 gr of H110 .

Norsewolf

I like that......you surely cannot beat the price of admission :)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom