good shops in Metairie and NOLA area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolafx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    New Orleans
    I have been to the Jefferson Gun Outlet and found a good selection there. Can you guys tell me some others?

I am looking for new and used.

I am also interested in WWII arms but, haven't found a good outlet for that yet either.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Jefferson Gun is mostly overpriced and most people working there are pricks who are very unappreciative of your business. Meplat Group is located in Metairie. Good guy and will treat you well. There is also Puglias, but they tend to be a bit high too. Much better service though than Jefferson Gun. Your best bet for the most part is to order online and have it shipped to someone like Meplat or other sponsors who do transfers in the $10-20 range

Judge Mental

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Prairieville
    +1 My experience exactly
    Jefferson Gun is mostly overpriced and most people working there are pricks who are very unappreciative of your business. Meplat Group is located in Metairie. Good guy and will treat you well. There is also Puglias, but they tend to be a bit high too. Much better service though than Jefferson Gun. Your best bet for the most part is to order online and have it shipped to someone like Meplat or other sponsors who do transfers in the $10-20 range

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I picked up a used Glock 19 once at Pelican Pawn on Jefferson Hwy. You may want to check them out just to see if they have anything. Also, and I am only relaying this from someone whose brother shops there, Baldwin-Taylor Hardware store on Jefferson Hwy has firearms. I was told they have more than what is on display but you have to ask. I only briefly looked at what they had but did not make notice of the prices. Did notice they had a Colt Mustang which I had not seen anywhere else. May have been in the $600 range which is about right. Anyway, if you are driving around you could hit both places easily.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    I'll second Meplat Group. If you want to buy locally, Kenny is your man. He has the lowest prices he can sell for (MAP pricing is what that's called I believe). You may be able to find cheaper online, and Kenny does transfers also, but you will have to wait for your new purchase to ship. Check Kenny's supply out and see if he has what you're looking for. He'll definitely treat you right.

Judge Mental

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Prairieville
    If you find Donovan's store on Airline open, initiate video capture and attempt to make your way inside. You will be witnessing an exceedingly rare and mythical event, on the order of a Bigfoot or Loch Ness monster siting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    If you find Donovan's store on Airline open, initiate video capture and attempt to make your way inside. You will be witnessing an exceedingly rare and mythical event, on the order of a Bigfoot or Loch Ness monster siting.

It really does seem like it's always closed.... weird.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville

I have heard nothing but bad about that place. Probably a good reason why they are closed all the time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom