Got a broken Iphone 4

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have never owned a smart phone before yesterday. I've had the same cell phone for 5 years, a little Nokia. Somehow it still works.

Anyway, my wife has had a Iphone 3G for a year or so and I always seem to play with it when we are traveling or what not so I finally decided to upgrade.

I was one of the lucky few who preordered the Iphone 4 last week. Yesterday they came in a day early. I was pumped but was working a split 14 hour shift. My wife activated the phone for me which caused the old trusty Nokia to lose its ability to make calls. The phone was then delivered to me at work.

Man its a pretty phone. Only problem is the antenna appears to not work and even outside the phone only gets max one bar of service. It can only send texts and can't even connect to internet. During my two hour break between the first 10 hours and the last 4 hours I drove over to the Apple Store. They confirmed that the I phone 4 did in fact not work.

The guy told me that even though I was "lucky" to have gotten one early, Apple didn't "officially" release this phone until tomorrow June 24. He said that had a bunch of new phones at the store and I would be welcome to come trade mine in tomorrow for a working version of the broken phone that I'd received a day before.

I told him that the whole reason I'd ordered the phone early was to avoid the crazy crowds on release day. I hate over hyped events. He said that was the only way I could get a working phone.

So right now I'm stuck with a phone that can only sometimes send texts. Maybe this is why I enjoy guns so much more than technology. So much less to go wrong and they don't normally mail a broken version prior to the "official" release. My rant is done.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Yea that's normal for a first run of anything. Luckily I won't even have enough money for one till the first few batches are sold.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    my wife said she wanted to choke my brother if he calls again for money, I said that isnt available on the 3gs and is only on the 4g, I would upgrade if she reaaaallly wanted..

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dusty84
    Top Bottom