Got a lead on a lost gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4x4demon

NBK
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Shreveport, La
    My cousin lost his Ruger single six a while back. He accidentally left it on his tool box on his truck and drove off from the boat launch. A poster on Tigerdroppings said that he remembered a thread over here about somebody finding one a while back. If anybody can help, I would really appreciate it.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    If you are referring to the member who posted that he had a stolen gun returned to him and was looking for the owner, it was leadfoot. But it wasn't a ruger single six. Shoot him a pm if you want to discuss it further.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I remember an ad posted on lasportsman a long time ago about someone finding a revolver somewhere and they were looking for the owner.

4x4demon

NBK
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Shreveport, La
    The story goes is that in a thread on TD, we were talking about a gun somebody found. Totally different part of the state, not the right gun in question. I posted a random "If anybody has found a ruger single six etc" post in that thread. Somebody posted that they remembered there being a thread here about a guy who had found a single six and was looking for the owner. Maybe he meant lasportsmans, I dont know. I just figured it couldn't hurt to ask if anybody remembered.

4x4demon

NBK
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Shreveport, La
    I've been searching las and cant find anything, can you remember any wording that might help? I've tried found gun, found ruger, ruger single six, found pistol, found revolver etc

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Wow, and people think there's cop bashing that goes on here on BS.

Read some of the comments on that LA Sportsman thread.

Apparently I've been cheated. After 20 years in and out of law enforcement and I STILL haven't gotten that free evidence gun that everyone is always complaining about the police taking.

The gun I had returned to me was a Ruger, but it that's where the similarities stop.

Top Bottom