Gotta visit the 9th ward soon..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yamaha0343

Glock > XD
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lafayette
    For work. Will be alone, and not looking forward to it. Probably early next week. Location will be on St. Claude near Louisa St. Any advice besides driving a tank and bringing extra mags? :(

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Not a good area at all, but I think you'll be alright. Realistically most crime out there is BOB. Just stay aware and look confident. If you're nervous and scared you'll look like an easier target.

Again though, realistically the chances of anything happening are slim.

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    I think there's a new Family Dollar and a used tire place at that corner, so there is at least some activity. :hs:

But, like Speed said, look confident and be aware. I'm sure you'll be fine. It's bad, but I can think of worse places.

Don't venture north of there though. The 3100 block of Marais behind that Family Dollar is nassssssty.

x1eric

UNSC Spartan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Denham Springs, LA
    lol i worked for the company that did the Family Dollar and had to go there pretty often,to be honest im 25, white and only 5'10' and no one ever even bothered me, the Poboy place across the street is pretty good too, as long as you can order in chinese

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Not a good area at all, but I think you'll be alright. Realistically most crime out there is BOB. Just stay aware and look confident. If you're nervous and scared you'll look like an easier target.

Look Confident?? You mean, like this?
    VVV

:o (OK, maybe that's not what you meant.)

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    I work on the corner of Chartres and Alvar. It's not so bad south of St. Claude, North of St. Claude gets a lot worse. I try not to stay too late. I'm generally not there after dusk.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Just got back from eating out there my suggestions are don't leave anything valuable in your car because some little punk will come by break your window and run off with it other than that you will be good to go.

WHEELER

Don't Tread on Me
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    they can small the fear, lol

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Its funny how scary people think New Orleans is. The 9th Ward ain't The Cailliope and The Caillope ain't Bogata or even South Side San Antonio. I oughta start offering Tours of the scary scary city for Urban Phobes.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I used to pass down St. Claude late at night, a lot. There was a club there in the past. The party would spill out onto the street. The animals amongst them used to step toward cars as they passed in a threatening manner. One lovely night one of the dumber animals got smacked by my mirror while he was playing that game. The rules of the game dictated that I was to swerve, but I didn't feel like playing that night.

But like everyone is saying, if your work does not involve you selling drugs at night, you should be fine.

Last edited:

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Keep your guard up. I was driving by that area about 2 months ago and saw a shooting in daylight about 5pm. That being said, my favorite bar is about 3 blocks from there, and I was hanging out there last night with no issues.

Top Bottom