Government Orders More Ammo (But Only $99 Million)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    From a government announcement off the FedBizOps (Federal Business Operations) website https://www.fbo.gov/, pertaining to Army acquisitions:

Olin Corp., Winchester Ammunition Division, East Alton, Illinois, was awarded a $99,200,000 firm-price economic price adjustment, indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract for .38 and .45 caliber and 9mm ammunition. One bid was solicited with one received, with an estimated completion date of March 9, 2022. Funding and work location will be determined with each order. Army Contracting Command, Rock Island Arsenal, Illinois, is the contracting activity (W52P1J-16-D-0004).

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    How about I offer a more realistic viewpoint?

Let's just hope that when this stuff becomes surplus ammo that we (the people that own it), get to at least buy it back. I guarantee you, a democrat at that time will have it destroyed

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I never understood how anybody could think that the gov. could deprive us of anything by buying it all up . It would be a lot cheaper and easier to just legislate it out of our hands . Or in the case of this President , use Executive Action .

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    At the rate the U.S. Military is using it up around the world with wars all over; there will be no surplus.100 million just doesn't buy what it used to.
    How about I offer a more realistic viewpoint?

Let's just hope that when this stuff becomes surplus ammo that we (the people that own it), get to at least buy it back. I guarantee you, a democrat at that time will have it destroyed

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I never understood how anybody could think that the gov. could deprive us of anything by buying it all up . It would be a lot cheaper and easier to just legislate it out of our hands . Or in the case of this President , use Executive Action .

Since when have any of the dickbags cared about the money they spend? Besides they know trying to pass laws would just fuel the resurgance of the second amendment's popularity.

If they were using their buying power to limit the suppy its only to affect the cost to prevent people like a lot of us here who will buy stuff for a "rainy day".

The 22LR thing I cant make sense of it. If I remember right they produce 5 or 6 million rounds a day. There are 300 million people in this country 1/3 own guns probably half own a 22 less than that probably stock or shoot 22lr rounds, and for 3 years now we have had a massive shortage. Someone is buying it before the distributors get it because in many cases the ammo doesnt get to the stores for months at a time. If its just people hoarding by my estimation only 50 million care to own the stuff. In the last three years an estimated 5.5 billion 22lr rounds so those 50 million in three years have amassed an average of 110 million each. Smelling fishy to anyone yet?

I dont know whats happening and dispite many peoples opinion of me I dont like making wild ass accusations.

Full disclosure I'm a bean counter numbers are my thing. :rofl:

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Just like when this came up a couple of years ago, the government didn't order all that ammo. They signed a contract to get a firm price on future purchases. No way UPS could deliver all that ammo that without losing half of it.

Top Bottom