Gravel Trucks and Windshields

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    Very doubtful a rock would fly off truck straight onto your windshield. Im not a law finding genius, but as I recall, if a rock falls from the truck and hits the roadway before it bounces up and hits your windshield, it is considered litter or something. Our friendly lesislators protect the gravel haulers just like they allow the cane haulers to track mud onto the highways and drop cane everywhere, buy it is not considered littering.

A few years back I was heading south down I-59 and an gravel truck pulled onto the right lane ahead of me, hit a bump and ROCKS came flying out of the truck and peppered my grill, hood & roof. Rocks hit my windshield each making
    3 cracks. I tried to pass him and get a name off of the door as the licsense was covered up. He hit another bump and more rocks came flying out. So I slowed down and watched several cars trying to pass him get peppered. I called LSP and gave them a description and the exit he took. I had to get to work so I couldn't follow him. My insurance paid a few hundred to repair dents in the roof, hood and replace the grill and windshield.

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Back in the late 70's I was in the company El Camino (it was a beast it had a 455 in it) I was going down a two lane road and this gravel truck was coming at me in the opposite lane at a very high rate of speed and all of a sudden I got the rocks going across the windshield like a machine gun,.. there was a line of about fifteen chips across the windshield. It was then that I noticed the caravan of about ten cars with smashed windshields following him. So I made the flip flop and caught up with all the other cars. A state trooper finally pulled him over. He WAS responsible for all the damage. It turns out that the bed had rusted out a hole right over the rear tire and the rocks were falling into the tread and being flung out into the on coming traffic. By the time everyone had gotten his info there was a pile of gravel about four feet high around the tire,...yea good times.

Top Bottom