Gun owners!!! Beware of mitt romney

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Well, now that you've taken the funny out of this thread let me point out what I have been saying; which has come true.

This pretending douche has successfully appointed two of the most overt 2nd Amendment haters to the U.S. Supreme Court in his first term. Those two wingnuts voted against Heller and McDonald and did'nt even offer a plausable reason why. Just no!

and SCOTUS ain't exactly in a healing mode, they aren't getting better. Not anytime soon

ETA

Maybe this is for a new thread but what would it take for an all anti gun SCOTUS to really participate in a decision to seriously rescind or nullify 2 A rights ?? Leaving it presupposed that Legislature had dead locked or otherwise " gone on vacation "

Is it really true that the 2nd keeps the 1st ?? If so and the old fart court wanted to tread on this ground...would they ?? Or is 7 gazillion gun owners too much deterrent ?? How much is 3 % of 7 gazillion ??

Last edited:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    QUOTE FROM ROMNEY: ''SEMI AUTO GUNS SERVE NO PURPOSE BUT TO HUNT DOWN AND KILL PEOPLE''. AS GOV. OF MASS. HE PAST STRICT GUN LAWS. AS PRESIDENT HE WILL MAKE THEM FEDERAL LAW. I'M NOT TELLING ANY ONE WHO TO VOTE FOR
    BUT IF YOU LOVE YOUR GUN RIGHTS NOT THIS GUY. WAKE UP FELLOW FORUM GUN OWNERS . THIS ISSUE IS REAL:mad:

Where did that get that quote from ?
    I couldn't find a video or transcript were Romney said those words.

:)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Where did that get that quote from ?
    I couldn't find a video or transcript were Romney said those words.

Well that does it, Killjoy! If Speedlace couldn't find it, we may just have a little embellishment on your part. :ohreally:

Your post count is low, so you can still confess and possibly save some forum cred! :mamoru:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    HaHaHa...I shoulda thought of that, how easily we get caught up
    Don't calm down just yet.

It does exist, just with different wording from 2004.

Romney signs off on permanent assault weapons ban

Governor Mitt Romney has signed into law a permanent assault weapons ban that he says will make it harder for criminals to get their hands on these guns.

"Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts," Romney said, at a bill signing ceremony on July 1 with legislators, sportsmen's groups and gun safety advocates. "These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."

Like the federal assault weapons ban, the state ban, put in place in 1998, was scheduled to expire in September. The new law ensures these deadly weapons, including AK-47s, UZIs and Mac-10 rifles, are permanently prohibited in Massachusetts no matter what happens on the federal level.
    http://www.iberkshires.com/story.php?story_id=14812

killjoy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    I could care less about forum cred. My concern is the way this country is being run by clueless politicans that arnt concerned about its lawful tax paying citizens '' we the people''. Least i have 7gazillion people that have my back.9remove your blinders

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Well that does it, Killjoy! If Speedlace couldn't find it, we may just have a little embellishment on your part. :ohreally:

Your post count is low, so you can still confess and possibly save some forum cred! :mamoru:

His record supports the meaning of the words reguardless.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    From looking @ Romney's pass legislation/press releases/actions, he is not against all firearms; just certain firearms. He once was a friend of

Anything that holds less than 10 rounds is ok
    Anything that holds more than 10 rounds need to be banned.

From 2002:
    "On Gun Control
    Mitt Romney supports the strict enforcement of gun laws. He is a supporter of the federal assault weapons ban. Mitt also believes in the rights of those who hunt to responsibly own and use firearms."

killjoy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Speedlace thanks for the vids. Maybe this will remove the blinders from a few poeples eyes . Ps ron paul kicks ass!!!

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Speedlace thanks for the vids. Maybe this will remove the blinders from a few poeples eyes . Ps ron paul kicks ass!!!

I will likely be pulling the handle for Paul this weekend. Still, his ideas on returning to the Gold standard may not be all it's cracked up to be and his foreign policy (isolationism) is probably not the best (I would like to see a good bit of it scaled back though). I think if he were president, he'd balance out congress and the courts well. I do think he is our best bet at the moment, but I'm not sure that matters.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Whether he's (or Obama) is planning on passing legislation that would offend my 2nd amendment rights is absolutely irrelevant. The fact that he has a mindset against guns means he should not be getting the vote of anyone who is not anti-gun. Period. If you're anti gun, you're not getting my vote. Ever.

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    The only candidate who ISN"T a total tool is Ron Paul, sitting president included. Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance against the other candidates because he sticks to his values making him a poor tool for those behind the curtain.

Don't try to bring logic and a good track record into this thread. People want "flash" , a salesman with a good haircut, and someone who speaks well enough to sell horse-crap to a jockey. Everyone is complaining about how badly things need to change, yet when the obvious answer is staring us in the face people still look towards RINOs. Detractors will argue his isolationist attitude and his "zany" personality but I'd take him over any of the "Bought-and-Paid For" professional politicians the establishment has chosen for us. Ahh, crazy me. I still believe in liberty.... Carry on !

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Whether he's (or Obama) is planning on passing legislation that would offend my 2nd amendment rights is absolutely irrelevant. The fact that he has a mindset against guns means he should not be getting the vote of anyone who is not anti-gun. Period. If you're anti gun, you're not getting my vote. Ever.

Eh, in a perfect world maybe. Even with Obama in office, our gun rights are better now than they were before he was in office. Now we can carry in the National Parks as long as the state's laws says you are good to go.

The only bright spot you might have with Romney (or the others) is that their base will push them to be more pro gun, where Obama might not. This might really ring true when justices are appointed. Otherwise, I kinda think Romney is Obama lite.

occunknown

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ringgold
    Has he changed his view since 2008?

Support the 2nd Amendment AND the assault weapon ban
    I do support the Second Amendment. I would have signed the assault weapon ban that came to his desk. I said I would have supported that and signed a similar bill in our state. It was a bill worked out, by the way, between pro-gun lobby and anti-gun lobby individuals. Both sides of the issue came together and found a way to provide relaxation in licensing requirements and allow more people to--to have guns for their own legal purposes. So we signed that in Massachusetts, and I’d support that at the federal level. It did not pass at the federal level. I do not believe we need new legislation. I do not support any new legislation of an assault weapon ban nature, including that against semiautomatic weapons. We have laws in place that, if they’re implemented & enforced, will provide the protection and the safety of the American people. I do support the right of individuals to bear arms, whether for hunting purposes or for protection purposes or any other reasons. That’s the right that people have
    Source: 2008 GOP debate in Boca Raton Florida , Jan 24, 2008

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Eh, in a perfect world maybe. Even with Obama in office, our gun rights are better now than they were before he was in office. Now we can carry in the National Parks as long as the state's laws says you are good to go.

The only bright spot you might have with Romney (or the others) is that their base will push them to be more pro gun, where Obama might not. This might really ring true when justices are appointed. Otherwise, I kinda think Romney is Obama lite.

But the appointment of anti gun justices has much farther-reaching effects than legislation he tries to shove down the masses throats. Don't forget that when the supreme court rules on something there is no way Obama is going overturn a decision made by those he appointed. The problem isn't just the man, its people he appoints

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    So...Romney will say a lot of different things about gun control...finally a true politician who will flip flop as needed

Thanks Speed...we needed documentation.

Guns are good and bad and should only hold ______ rounds ( where we today, so I can answer )

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    But the appointment of anti gun justices has much farther-reaching effects than legislation he tries to shove down the masses throats. Don't forget that when the supreme court rules on something there is no way Obama is going overturn a decision made by those he appointed. The problem isn't just the man, its people he appoints

Which is why I pointed it out.

Top Bottom