Gun related rant I had to get off my chest.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I feel your pain. Hell I came home from LSU for Christmas with my new AR and my damn mom said "Is that what killed those children up in Connecticut?" I looked at her and said "No ma'am, insanity and stupidity are what killed those kids, NOT the rifle!" I love my mom, but it's tough because we have completely different opinions. :doh:

ZombieHuntr

Out the box....
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    East Baton Rouge
    I feel your pain. Hell I came home from LSU for Christmas with my new AR and my damn mom said "Is that what killed those children up in Connecticut?" I looked at her and said "No ma'am, insanity and stupidity are what killed those kids, NOT the rifle!" I love my mom, but it's tough because we have completely different opinions. :doh:

ya know, I'd give my left nut to have a AR, But I gotta say, due to cost of ammo, cost of the rifle, etc.. I'd prefer an AK. It may not be as accurate, but it packs a punch, and seriously, who's gonna shoot an ak47 at the distances someone with any kind of skill is gonna shoot an AR?! lol...

blakegill66

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Metairie
    I noticed they are getting away with saying "assault style rifle" AR simply stands for Armalite Rifle and it pisses me off that the media makes it sound like a horrible thing by saying "assault style rifle" why not just a rifle? Bull crap is all it is. We should be like Switzerland and issue weapons to everyone!! This crap wouldn't be happening as it is

ZombieHuntr

Out the box....
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    East Baton Rouge
    i noticed they are getting away with saying "assault style rifle" ar simply stands for armalite rifle and it pisses me off that the media makes it sound like a horrible thing by saying "assault style rifle" why not just a rifle? Bull crap is all it is. we should be like switzerland and issue weapons to everyone!! This crap wouldn't be happening as it is

completely agreed!!!!

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I had a similar conversation tonight with a friend of mine who is an LEO. People are just idiots. Neither of us can justify how halting the sale of something is going to actually help. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. At this rate, lets ban cars too.

People will always want to find a loophole in anything. It's like prohibition. People still found a way to get drunk.

Last edited:

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    One time I was arguing this point with someone at my house. So I took a 1911 stripped it down and laid the parts out in front of them. Then I asked them how hard and how long do u think it would take a machinist to teach himself how to repeat those parts? Same as drugs, someone has to grow, create, make them. Make something illegal and create a black market for it.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I just posted this on facebook for the public to see. I thought some of you might agree.....

Ok, for all you liberal media believing, non educated, fearful of what you don't know anything about mother blanking morons, Just because a rifle is black or has a detachable magazine, does not make it a assault rifle. It's simply a tactical styled rifle. "assault rifle" is a term publicized by the media to make things seem worse than it is. When the media sees/hears about a shooting and they find out an AR-15, AK47, SKS, etc.... was involved, people want to assume, lets ban "assault rifles" and that will fix it. It's not the blanking rifle doing the ****! Its the morons that have them! Why ban them?! There are plenty of good people out there that own these weapons, that use them for SPORT SHOOTING AT RANGES or HUNT with them. Don't label a blanking tool. Label the idiot. If you people would read everything around you and not just what you want, you would see that more murders are committed each year with bats, pipes, chains, knives, CARS, etc.... And also that more crimes are PREVENTED every year by citizens with guns, than what are commited. So before you go ranting and running your stupid blanking mouths about banning a particular STYLE of rifle, read up, and educated yourself thoroughly before you let sound come out of your *** catcher!

Maybe I don't get it but this, to me, is offensive ad immature. Profane and vulgar "rants" are gonna to accomplish very little positive change in people's mindset on shooters and guns. Try watching Wayne LaPierre's pressed. Noticeable absent in his speech were phrases like "*** catcher". What do you think you accomplished by putting that on Facebook? Did you make you feel better? Because I gotta tell you I think you played into every stereotype the left likes to imagine. Thanks man.

bayoukajun

Old & Cranky
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Gonzales, La.
    Maybe I don't get it but this, to me, is offensive ad immature. Profane and vulgar "rants" are gonna to accomplish very little positive change in people's mindset on shooters and guns. Try watching Wayne LaPierre's pressed. Noticeable absent in his speech were phrases like "*** catcher". What do you think you accomplished by putting that on Facebook? Did you make you feel better? Because I gotta tell you I think you played into every stereotype the left likes to imagine. Thanks man.
    That's the same thing I thought but wasn't sure how to reply to it. Could not have said it better myself. Things like this are counter productive to our cause.

kajun

Tadpole

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Denham Springs, La
    I just don't understand why you call a FIREARM a weapon. It didn't help your cause, not even a little bit. It's not a weapon unless it is used as one. It is just a firearm. A knife is just a knife until it is used as a weapon. Or a baseball bat, or a brick. But if it makes you feel tough to call all of your firearms a "weapon", go ahead. I don't own any weapons. I have hunting firearms and target and sporting firearms, and even some used for protection. None of mine have ever been used as weapons, and I hope I never have to.

Last edited:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Calmly and rationally presented facts will go further then emotional, vitriol-filled rants...

It might have made you "feel better" but you damn sure didn't help the cause and only strengthened the stereotypical "redneck" gun-owner image...

Oh, and as far as rants go, I'd give yours a 2-3 out of 10

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

Angry poorly spoken crazies quick to go off on a rampage... He just made us look wonderful.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I just posted this on facebook for the public to see. I thought some of you might agree.....

Ok, for all you liberal media believing, non educated, fearful of what you don't know anything about mother blanking morons, Just because a rifle is black or has a detachable magazine, does not make it a assault rifle. It's simply a tactical styled rifle. "assault rifle" is a term publicized by the media to make things seem worse than it is. When the media sees/hears about a shooting and they find out an AR-15, AK47, SKS, etc.... was involved, people want to assume, lets ban "assault rifles" and that will fix it. It's not the blanking rifle doing the ****! Its the morons that have them! Why ban them?! There are plenty of good people out there that own these weapons, that use them for SPORT SHOOTING AT RANGES or HUNT with them. Don't label a blanking tool. Label the idiot. If you people would read everything around you and not just what you want, you would see that more murders are committed each year with bats, pipes, chains, knives, CARS, etc.... And also that more crimes are PREVENTED every year by citizens with guns, than what are commited. So before you go ranting and running your stupid blanking mouths about banning a particular STYLE of rifle, read up, and educated yourself thoroughly before you let sound come out of your *** catcher!

Thanks for helping make us all look like morons.

JR1572

ZombieHuntr

Out the box....
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    East Baton Rouge
    Blah blah. Try looking at the point I was trying to make without nitpicking and acting like you don't use foul language when your aggravated. But since I apparently can't vent without being criticized, I'll do this.....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom