Gun Repo Men

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21364309849.723393.jpg

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Yikes!!!! Live away form your wife for the rest of your life or lose your guns!!!!

"hey had better luck at the ranch house in nearby Upland, where they seized the three guns from the home of a woman who’d been hospitalized for mental illness. One gun was registered to her, two to her husband. *The prohibited person can’t have access to a firearm,* regardless of who the registered owner is, says Michelle Gregory, a spokeswoman for the attorney general’s office. "

I wish it said what she was hospitalized for. Was she foaming at the mouth, or simply depressed?

And this

"They were preparing to confiscate weapons from a gun owner who’d recently lost the right to possess firearms after spending two days in a psychiatric hospital."

I'm assuming that means some kind of 48 hour health hold, wich it seems he was deemed fit to be released from? I wish it went into more detail, because it seems a little excessive to me.

Rayneiac

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Plaquemine
    OK.....hold up. Since when is a 48 hour hold a determination of mental incapacity???? A judge sending you to a psych hospital......yes. A person in a crisis they can recover from having a 48-72 hour stay to get sorted out....????? Not in the same realm to me.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Bloomberg?

California?

I had to stop reading, right there. :dunno:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Bloomberg?

California?

I had to stop reading, right there. :dunno:

I'll summarize for ya. Guys wife lost her right to own a gun because she stayed in a mental facility. No judge was involved, only California doctors. The Police showed up at house and confiscated her weapons registered in her name, then took the Husband's as well because she could have access to them. Probably more than half of America thinks this is a good thing. California is a cancer that is spreading.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    and the article states that "without a warrant, they were left empty handed"

If it's official, make it official. I pity the leo simply doing his job that knocks on my door asking for my firearms. First approach: "I'd like to peacefully comply with the terms of your warrant. no warrant? Go $%*@ yourself buddy. :)

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I'll summarize for ya. Guys wife lost her right to own a gun because she stayed in a mental facility. No judge was involved, only California doctors. The Police showed up at house and confiscated her weapons registered in her name, then took the Husband's as well because she could have access to them. Probably more than half of America thinks this is a good thing. California is a cancer that is spreading.

Yes, it certainly is. If anyone doubts that, I suggest they take a good look at what just took place in Colorado.....

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom