Gun Shows in Lafayette,.... worth goin?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rabbit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Carencro, LA
    Ok, not sure where to post this question, so if it needs to be moved please help me.

There is a Gun show coming up early Feb, I have been to gun shows just never any in this area.... yet. Are they worth going to? are they over priced or just junk? Are they worth a look? What have yall found to be the case?

I am only looking for AR add-on's for now (light, laser, scope mount, multi tool for next build ect). So I won't be spending any big bucks, just small add ons.

If not worth going, may just look here for a while. Would rather help a member anyway.

Thanks

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Sure...Don't buy the first thing you see though..Shop all the table's,check price's and then decide what you may need..I planning on going...

Then buy it anywhere else for less.

I had my curiousity about the gun shows, so I went, twice. I honestly didn't find anything special. Only thing that came out of it was I had some issues with some mags, and I was able to try a few different ones before buying a dozen that wouldn't work.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    The Show has been moved to this location.

The New Show at the Venue!

Lafayette, LA

Lafayette Event Center

(Formerly the Crown Room)

4607 Johnston Street

Diagonally across from Courtesy GMC

Old Robicheaux / Howard Brothers Building

February 11-12, 2012

Good to know one of the reassons I HATED going was because it was on ULL School Property and I dont like breaking laws UNLESS I have to

FRANKEIGHT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    new iberia
    Some shows are better than others, the problem , is that the entrance price is now 8 dollars whereas it used to be 5, I go mainly to look at the knives and swop ideas with the makers.
    frank

Rabbit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Carencro, LA
    dang at 8 bucks a head I am looking at over half a bill for my family.... big deterring fact for me... maybe I should stick to ftf or local gun store :draw:

I like getting my kids involved into shooting and supporting the 2nd Amendment and respecting what a side arm will do. Looks like I am better off spending money at retail and buying more ammo for kids to shoot up..... Not a bad thing :D

jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    the one I attended at that venue was well attended. Parking was non-existent and the interior of the building was very crowded. I prefer Blackham or the Boustany center

The Show has been moved to this location.

The New Show at the Venue!

Lafayette, LA

Lafayette Event Center

(Formerly the Crown Room)

4607 Johnston Street

Diagonally across from Courtesy GMC

Old Robicheaux / Howard Brothers Building

February 11-12, 2012

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    dang at 8 bucks a head I am looking at over half a bill for my family.... big deterring fact for me... maybe I should stick to ftf or local gun store :draw:

I like getting my kids involved into shooting and supporting the 2nd Amendment and respecting what a side arm will do. Looks like I am better off spending money at retail and buying more ammo for kids to shoot up..... Not a bad thing :D

I prefer to "shop" at the gunshows, and I also get a giggle out of hearing all the crap people spew while I'm there, but I won't buy anything there unless it is a rediculous deal or something that just happens to catch my eye at a fair price.

Top Bottom