Gun smith in westbank

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atluu

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Baton rouge , new Orleans
    Has anyone dealt with Gretna Gun Smith before? Looking to replace my stock front gas block with a low profile gas block and install a troy free float rail. What would you say an reasonably average price would be for this type of work?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    If you mean Gretna Gun Works, there have been a few horror stories posted on here.

ETA: If Hammond isn't too far for you, Interstate Guns will install those things free if purchased there.

atluu

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Baton rouge , new Orleans
    If you mean Gretna Gun Works, there have been a few horror stories posted on here.

ETA: If Hammond isn't too far for you, Interstate Guns will install those things free if purchased there.

Yes, I meant Gretna Gun works. I tried searching for that business on here, but did not find anything. I've heard horror stories with the old owner, but since they changed owners I've been hearing a few good things about them. I was hoping there would be more reviews from the forum.

GaryCCR

Off target
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Westbank, La
    GGW took the mag safety off my hi power and did some trigger work, came out good. Price was decent and turn-around was only a few days.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area

Hey were under new ownership at GGW for a little more than a year now. Different faces and changes for the better now. You should stop by and give us a chance.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Has anyone dealt with Gretna Gun Smith before? Looking to replace my stock front gas block with a low profile gas block and install a troy free float rail. What would you say an reasonably average price would be for this type of work?

Stop on by we'll get you taken care of!

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    Just do yourself a favor and AVOID AT ALL COSTS Comeaux's Gun Works in Marrero, LA.

That guy is a douche bag. His shop is a mess with ZERO moisture control.

He is such an ******* that he actually tried to sell me an AR-15 carbine length gas tube for $46. Rude, unprofessional and a walking piece of ****.

I'd give Gretna Gun Works a shot. I have been in there twicw since the new people took over and they seem nice enough, old owners just didnt seem to give a **** about anyone or anything and their prices were beyond ****ing ridiculous!

mrtrain03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2015
    marrero la
    went to Gretna gun works today the staff was friendly and knowledgeable .spoke to one of the gunsmiths and he was very helpful .cant say enough good things

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Can they take the flash hider off a pof rifle without marring the fluted barrel? It's been a paint trying to get it off. Can't get the jam nut to turn

Top Bottom