Gun stolen

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Laid Back

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Livingston Parish
    Not sure where to post this but I figure I should put it out there. Last week my truck was broken into and a gun was stolen (among other things). He hit my whole neighborhood. Long story short we have video surveillance, car description, license plate, first name, phone number and multiple sightings during daylight hours before he struck that night. He was brought in for questioning by local PD and let go. So now I'm sure if he hasn't gotten rid of everything he will now. Please pm me if you see a springfield XDS 9mm for sale. I have the serial number. Also stolen was a coast flashlight and lowrance handheld gps.

I'm aware that keeping a gun in my center console is stupid. Lesson learned. I feel bad enough about being irresponsible so please keep those comments to yourself.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    NOT your fault!
    And it wasn't irresponsible leaving it in your locked truck, on your private property
    I'm sorry you became a victim, I'll keep an eye out for your stolen property

Laid Back

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Livingston Parish
    My neighbor has the videos so I'll ask him to send them to me. Other things stolen that I know of was cash and a briefcase. I will ask around and find out what else he got. He was kind of picky because he passed up a surefire flashlight and an iPod in my truck, or he didn't see it because it was on the front of the console not in the console.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Irresponsible is leaving unlocked guns laying around. Not the best idea to leave them in your car, but the crime was committed by the criminal. Hope they catch the SOB and you get your stuff back.

Laid Back

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Livingston Parish
    I'm waiting to find out what is really going on. I was told to wait because there may be more to the story. I don't want to put something out there that may interfere. To be honest, I don't know what to do. I started this post out of panic and I was pissed, but, I'm still hoping (impatiently waiting) that there's more to the story. Standby...

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I am sorry to hear this. I used to leave a handgun in my car, so I feel lucky that it did not happen to me. My my case it would have been a P7M8.
    Keep the faith, I know someone who had a Glock 22 taken from his car. Three years later, the NOPD recovered it and he was able to get it back. He still has it and refuses to sell it because the recovery made it special for him.

radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    You are not at fault for keeping your possessions locked away in or on your property. Just let us know anything pertinent you can and I'll keep an eye for sure.

Laid Back

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Livingston Parish
    *UPDATE*
    I received a call today stating that my gun has been recovered and available to be picked up by me. It was found while conducting a search warrant in Tangi. Needless to say, I am VERY happy. (I'll bet the scumbag ditched my left handed holster though!)

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    *UPDATE*
    I received a call today stating that my gun has been recovered and available to be picked up by me. It was found while conducting a search warrant in Tangi. Needless to say, I am VERY happy. (I'll bet the scumbag ditched my left handed holster though!)

He probably tried to use it as an owb holster

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Glad your story has a happy ending, buddy. That's great news! :cheers:

No, there's only one person who's responsible for the theft- and that is the thief! Maybe there are some things you can do differently to make it harder on potential future $hitbags, sure- but we're all in that same boat at one time or another.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    *UPDATE*

Wonderful!....Whatever you do keep that gun, it's rare, stolen and recovered , just doesn't happen every day.
    I'm still hoping for the return of three handguns stolen in 1995, every year I make sure they are still on the stolen list, no luck so far...but maybe , one day, I'll get the phone call like you got and do a happy dance too!

Gary

Top Bottom