Gun store owner and son killed in fight with angry customer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    So this would fit the story of a machete hacking, if that's really him.

Sounds like someone went crazy.

IDK , on the go fund me it says he was shot in the head ..

My friend Michael McCool and his father have both recently experienced a near death tragedy, and I'm trying to raise money for both of them for the hospital bills and for the amount of time they will be out of work recovering from the incident. His father was shot point blank, suffering from 3 bullet wounds, and Michael shot in the head and suffering from stab wounds. They are both lucky to have survived, now they will have to survive all the cost of surgery an medical attention they have received. Both Michael and his father will be out of work for a while, and I'd rather not see them struggle, they are good people. Anything you can donate will help them and will be much appreciated. Even if you don't donate please share, it will help a lot. All proceeds will go to Michael McCool an his father. Thank you.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    So this would fit the story of a machete hacking, if that's really him.

Sounds like someone went crazy.

Wow yeah that looks like a machete but could definitely be a gun shot wound repair, and he was able to shoot the gun store employees after being struck in the center of the head with a machete or shot? That's the strange part, adrenaline is a hell of a thing I guess

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Pic from the mccools go fund me page . Looks like he took one to the dome .
    8618975_1453952477.0804_funddescription.jpg

https://www.gofundme.com/792u4r8s

Grinch 2 audition, anyone?

iu

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS

The bullet that did this wasn't removed from Connally. Someone moved the stretcher he was on heard a clink and saw the bullet on the floor of the hospital corridor. We are to believe that the bullet came out of Connally on it's own while he was on the stretcher.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The bullet that did this wasn't removed from Connally. Someone moved the stretcher he was on heard a clink and saw the bullet on the floor of the hospital corridor. We are to believe that the bullet came out of Connally on it's own while he was on the stretcher.

Preceding the picture:

:awais: Look! >>> :mamoru: <<< Look! :awais:

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    Where does on buy a crooked machete?

If he was hit straight on at a 90 degree angle to the flood one would expect the cut to be a straight line. This photo looks like it might a wound from multiple strikes from right to left at a 20-30 degree angle to the floor. Each cut made a crescent shaped cut. Just a thought.

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    Here's where the story went batshit retarded and I got skeptical. I was told...

Audy was unarmed (as his Facebook posts say), but the son brought a gun with him. There was a brief scuffle between the two sons, in which somehow the owner's son had a machete and was hacking away at Audy's son. :eh: Then somehow Audy was shot in the back by the owner, Audy's son shot the owner, and then the owner accidentally shot his own son.

I cannot imagine why you are skeptical. ;)

Seriously though the bullets in the bodies will tell the story.

Even if this is true IMO it still does not mean this was a clean shoot by anyone. A shop owner has a right to defend himself in his own shop and even if McLenord shot his own son the McCools could still face charges related to the son's death.

This a mess.

Edited to add:

Geez I found this on an update. Maybe MBI does need to look at the grassy knoll.

Tucker said that one of the men also brandished a knife during the dispute but wouldn't say who. Previous reports have said 64-year-old Audy McCool was wounded in the back but was still walking when deputies arrived.

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/...s-probe-continues-gun-shop-shootout/79345340/

Last edited:

kenny

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Lacombe, LA
    Well, the machete story somewhat matches what I heard.

According to someone I spoke to, The McCools were upset, and Mrs. McLemore called Mr. McLemore to handle it.

At some point things got physical, and Mr. McLemore may have pulled a knife and began cutting/stabbing Mr. McCool. Mr. McLemore may have gone for a firearm, and Junior McCool shot Mr. McLemore. Junior McLemore shot the McCools before/after being shot himself by Junior McCool.

This story came from a coworker whose neighbor was allegedly on the scene after the incident, and spoke to responding officers.

This story may be complete ********, and I hope a video comes to light so we might get a better idea of what happened.

I'm not sure how it got to the point of gunfire, but no doubt someone made some really bad decisions.

It seems to me that something all of us should take away from this is learning to deescalate the situation whenever possible, and if you must shoot someone, make the shots count.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

According to someone I spoke to, The McCools were upset, and Mrs. McLemore called Mr. McLemore to handle it.

At some point things got physical, and Mr. McLemore may have pulled a knife and began cutting/stabbing Mr. McCool. Mr. McLemore may have gone for a firearm, and Junior McCool shot Mr. McLemore. Junior McLemore shot the McCools before/after being shot himself by Junior McCool.

This story came from a coworker whose neighbor was allegedly on the scene after the incident, and spoke to responding officers.

This story may be complete ********, and I hope a video comes to light so we might get a better idea of what happened.

I'm not sure how it got to the point of gunfire, but no doubt someone made some really bad decisions.

It seems to me that something all of us should take away from this is learning to deescalate the situation whenever possible, and if you must shoot someone, make the shots count.

Yep, I agree, I hope there is video evidence.

I truly believe that's the way the story was told, but I'm skeptical that's the way it actually went down. If you've ever heard of a fish someone caught, you know what I'm talking about.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River

I've got the Mconfusion now.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I can think of only one of two results from this altercation.
    1. Every customer gladly pays any fees a gun store might charge, or
    B. No gunstore will ever charge a handling fee again.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

I truly believe that's the way the story was told, but I'm skeptical that's the way it actually went down. If you've ever heard of a fish someone caught, you know what I'm talking about.

^ This

And I will ad there are at least 3 sides to every story; each parties perspective (1&2 maybe more) and then reality (3).

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell

PoPo said there were no cameras in the gun store .

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    PoPo said there were no cameras in the gun store .

:doh:

Got to tell you all, I am almost surprised that having surveillance/security video in a gun store is not federally mandated!

After all, they are giving you permission to pursue this privilege to sell guns.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom