Gunfighter I training with the Advantage Group

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    3178687062_1b12731fb9.jpg

XD45ACP

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 26, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    This really was a good class. It was thorough and a great refresher of the basics, I enjoyed it a lot.

Classes like this are a good test of your equipment. I had two guns in the class (a buddy was using one of mine) and they both had some very minor issues. My buddy was using my M&P FS with factory night sights which lost the little white circle around the tritium vial on the front sight at some point through the class. We also discovered a bad magazine which seemed to cause the top bullet to nosedive when trying to load the first round about 10% of the time, but like an idiot, I didn't think to mark which one was problematic and will take me a while to find it out the 10 that I usually rotate through.
    I was running a gen 4 G19 which ran perfectly, although I did notice the occasional 12 o'clock ejection. After the class I noticed that my front sight had loosed up over the course of the day and I probably would have lost in a higher round count situation...

If you get the opportunity to train with these guys, jump on it. I'm really looking forward to taking Gunfighter II sometime next year.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    ..We also discovered a bad magazine which seemed to cause the top bullet to nosedive when trying to load the first round about 10% of the time, but like an idiot, I didn't think to mark which one was problematic and will take me a while to find it out the 10 that I usually rotate through.
    I was running a gen 4 G19 which ran perfectly, although I did notice the occasional 12 o'clock ejection. After the class I noticed that my front sight had loosed up over the course of the day and I probably would have lost in a higher round count situation...

If you get the opportunity to train with these guys, jump on it. I'm really looking forward to taking Gunfighter II sometime next year.

I can't stress enough the need to label your mags with your initials and also a number that way when you have a bad one you know exactly which one it is. I also don't think the stock Glock sights are very good. As soon as I get a new Glock I install a set of AmeriGlos immediately.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have my initials on all my magazines and Ameriglo sights on any Glock I may carry. A range pistol may get a set Ameriglo sights or TTI sights.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom