Guns for Home Defense

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I don't see why they would.

I had always heard they would because I was a murder suspect until proven otherwise, and they would remove further weapons from the vicinity. Or maybe that was a domestic dispute call? I don't remember, some cop was telling me this years ago, so I'm certainly not trying to say "I know". Just something I thought I remembered.

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Question about that, too. If someone breaks in, and I shoot them with my P226, will they also take my M4?

If it's not in the immediate "alleged" crime scene are, it's probably not an issue. I use the term crime scene loosely as In the area of the incident. If it appears to have been part of what lead up to the final outcome of the incident, it will be taken as potential evidence.

Last edited:

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Rip on me all you want for never having been in a situation where I've had to shoot someone, but I completely disagree. If I ever feel threatened enough to actually shoot someone and I end up walking away from it, every cent I've ever spent on anything firearms related and every second I've ever spent practicing will have been worth it. To hell with whatever gun I used. If the situation came up and I somehow had enough time to choose between this gun or that gun, I'm going for the most reliable one within reach. I would hope price doesn't ever factor into that decision.

I feel for you for having to shoot someone to defend yourself, but obviously you came out alive. The coming months and possibly years are going to suck as it gets picked apart and sorted through. The fact that you lost a $1000 pistol rather than a $200 pistol seems like a drop in the bucket though.

Alright, I was really being sarcastic about using a piece of crap gun. In my case I was told not long after the incident that my weapon would be returned to me. Due to the tragic circumstances surrounding this incident which I will not comment any further about, I was in no real hurry to get the weapon involved back as I knew where it was and besides I had other weapons should I need them.
    After questioning I was released(not even charged)and found justified due to the actions by the agressor.
    Given the same circumstances I'd do what I did allover again with what I found personally to be the most accurate and reeliable gun I owned. It just pisses me offf that being told that I would have it returned to me and then finding out differently when I attempt to get it back. would upset anyone else that were in my shoes. What's the real purpose behind not returning it when I can go anywhere and still legally go out purchase another or as many guns as I want? I have a clean record!
    I could persue it in court but, it doesn't make sense to spend many times more than the value of the gun and having the chances of getting it back still be very minimal.
    Something is wrong with that part of the system.

Makes you wonder where that gun actually ends up too.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    If it's not in the immediate "alleged" crime scene are, it's probably not an issue. I use the term crime scene loosely as In the area of the incident. If it appears to have been part of what lead up to the final outcome of the incident, it will be taken as potential evidence.

Within a dozen feet? It's not like my $415/mo apartment is very big.

12secHemi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Alexandria, LA
    Alright, I was really being sarcastic about using a piece of crap gun. In my case I was told not long after the incident that my weapon would be returned to me. Due to the tragic circumstances surrounding this incident which I will not comment any further about, I was in no real hurry to get the weapon involved back as I knew where it was and besides I had other weapons should I need them.
    After questioning I was released(not even charged)and found justified due to the actions by the agressor.
    Given the same circumstances I'd do what I did allover again with what I found personally to be the most accurate and reeliable gun I owned. It just pisses me offf that being told that I would have it returned to me and then finding out differently when I attempt to get it back. would upset anyone else that were in my shoes. What's the real purpose behind not returning it when I can go anywhere and still legally go out purchase another or as many guns as I want? I have a clean record!
    I could persue it in court but, it doesn't make sense to spend many times more than the value of the gun and having the chances of getting it back still be very minimal.
    Something is wrong with that part of the system.

Makes you wonder where that gun actually ends up too.

It'll either spend an eternity in evidence before it's destroyed or end up in some cop's personal collection. Good thread. Good to know I made the correct choice of having my S&W 642 w/Crimson Trace grips as my night stand gun.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom