H&K Love?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadhazzard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2008
    Near Monroe
    Some of you, you know who you are, seem to really love your H&K pistols. Now, I like my Sigs and Glocks etc... But when you write about your H&Ks I get the sense of a certain bliss that is missing in my feelings.

The tone of your posts echos a mood akin to that I have when I think about that red headed girl I knew back in college. You know, the one I should have never let get away. Or maybe the reverence of a remembered religious experience. Or, almost, the feeling I get when I watch my only begotten son. Almost.

Please explain.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Some of you, you know who you are, seem to really love your H&K pistols. Now, I like my Sigs and Glocks etc... But when you write about your H&Ks I get the sense of a certain bliss that is missing in my feelings.

The tone of your posts echos a mood akin to that I have when I think about that red headed girl I knew back in college. You know, the one I should have never let get away. Or maybe the reverence of a remembered religious experience. Or, almost, the feeling I get when I watch my only begotten son. Almost.

Please explain.

You know the scene in Ferris Beuller where Ferris extolls the virtue's of a Ferrari? It's just like that! ;):D

RiverCop

Gun Toten Wacko
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Pearl River , LA
    well.. have you ever drove a Mustang GT or Vette, and said "wow what a ride" and then at a later date got in a Mercedes Benz Kompressor, took it for a spin and said "HOLY JESUS, WHAT A RIDE", it kinda like that. Where the GT or Vette was great the Benz rules.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not discounting Sig or Glock, but why eat hamburger when you can have steak.

Just a completely biased and suggestive opinion on the way I look at things.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    well.. have you ever drove a Mustang GT or Vette, and said "wow what a ride" and then at a later date got in a Mercedes Benz Kompressor, took it for a spin and said "HOLY JESUS, WHAT A RIDE", it kinda like that. Where the GT or Vette was great the Benz rules.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not discounting Sig or Glock, but why eat hamburger when you can have steak.

Just a completely biased and suggestive opinion on the way I look at things.

Careful RC, between Ferrari's, steak, and Benzes, we'll give the impression of being snobs! ;) :D

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

Please explain.

Tends to be the case when people pay a lot of money for something. :o

I've shot a couple H&Ks, and they are very nice pistols. But for the money I'd still take two XD-45s over one USP45 any day.

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    **** H&K. They don't believe in responsible gun ownership, so they can eat a dick before I'll ever own one of their handguns.

I love my Sig, carry it every day, and sometimes even just fondle it lovingly for no good reason. I could be homeless, and I still wouldn't sell my Sig.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    If I was going to be homeless I'd definately want my Sig (or Springfield 1911 in my case). It gets rough on the streets! Plus you might need to knock over a time saver or something...

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    But where do you get "they don't believe in resonsible gun ownership" from???

Wait; I think I get it. They won't sell you one of those jump-back/whiz-bang 416s... right?

Or because their entire PR department basically puts forth the idea that you as a civilian suck and they hate you. Their customer service is easily the worst in the business and I have yet to hear any positive outcome when dealing with HK customer service.

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22124&hilit=HK+416

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2007/10/09/hk-because-you-suck-and-we-hate-you/

You're showing 'em, by God.

But that's okay... I've got your share...;)

Go for it; throwing away your money is your business.

BTW... do you own any S&W firearms? Or any Rugers, per chance?

No, and about the only S&W I'd ever buy would be something in .32 mag, only because they're one of the few companies to have produced a snubbie in that round.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I've owned several HK pistols... (Got them cheap)

I've sold every one of them and don't miss them.

**** H&K. They don't believe in responsible gun ownership, so they can eat a dick before I'll ever own one of their handguns.

I love my Sig, carry it every day, and sometimes even just fondle it lovingly for no good reason. I could be homeless, and I still wouldn't sell my Sig.

picture.php

;):p
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I wasn't going to to respond to this thread, but I have had positive experience with customer service. They went out of their way to locate and ship me the tiniest of springs for my P7. All for a grand total of about $4.

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    Believe me, I will enjoy my Sig 556 much more than I ever could any HK product.

That is, if we're talking about real piston ARs... and ones that can actually accept AR accessories.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    A Sig 556 is a real AR? I'm pretty sure the upper and lower is NOTHING like a real AR and is in no way compatible with AR uppers/lowers.

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    Sorry, I'm mixing my criticisms up.

Anyway, HK sucks, I won't own them, if you like them, more power to you. And if you have actually gotten decent customer service from them, then count yourself among the lucky.

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I haven't had to really depend on their customer service because all the HK's that I've owned work all the time.

I Tried and Tried to NOT buy one, but was shown the light by a friend and it was night and day. I've actually spent the last two months looking for another USPc .45 LEM because IT'S THAT MUCH BETTER OF A GUN...For Me!

Expensive...Yes Worth it...Yes

I've taken the time to shoot the .45 in Glock, XD, SW & Ruger and the HK was a hands down winner. This was before I owned one.

Yes you don't get to buy all the Gucci-Crap like the others and the accessories are generally AS expensive at the weapon, but actual shots on target are much better.

I also believe that One's personal satisfaction with their purchase also helps in a more rapid success with weapon.

It seems like more people associate customer service from Dell, Sony, AT&T and other high consumer products and services to be the same as a weapon.

Mrdbeau...You are Totally Right in saying that you will enjoy your SIG products more because you are sold on them. I personally own a SIG 556 also and I think the AirSoft products are better plastic. First time at the range and the entire stock fell off(that's another discussion). I've also owned a SIG handgun and it was really nice, but heavy and doesn't fit the carry application like any of the composites unless you want to strike someone and I don't plan on getting that close.

I don't see the answer to the question that was asked by LSP972 about you ever owning an HK product and what you went through.? What were your exact experiences?

I have read some threads similar to the ones you posted links about, but most are just a bunch of Parrots that have never owned or handled an HK.

Mrdbeau...Please stick to Not Owning HK's...Especially the .45 LEM series because they are VERY hard to get for people that are serious owners:D

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I dont think i've ever fired an HK except aroundlsu's P7, which was nice. All of the standard models I have checked out, the first trigger pull was just ghastly... the followup single action pulls were nice, but that #1 was unreal, and that was when I had a 12# first shot DA/SA Sig.

Top Bottom