Had a problem at my FFL..should I expect a visit from the ATF?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Don't sweat it. ATF audits happen everyday. It happens every 4-5 years according so a few dealers I know. The fact that his took six hours shows that he does not sell that many guns. My LGS recent audit lasted 6 days overall. The ATF takes names of buyers of multible types of firearms all of the time. Hell, my name was taken back in 2008 but I have not heard a word from them. As for him telling you to come back on the 18th, is him not want to fill out the multible purchase document for buying more that two hanguns or receivers in a 5 day period or something like that. Just do what he ask for now and walk away and find a new dealer when you get all of your items. He can refuse to do the transfer if you push to hard forcing you to pay for shipping to another dealer.

Good Luck

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I'm not trying to drag this business down or hurt it I am just stating what happen to me ,but as a business owner myself I would never treat any of my customers the way I was treated by this guy..like I said in the 12 years I have been buying guns I HAVE never been delayed which makes me think that he didn't even call it in and is just doing this on purpose but who knows maybe I truly did get delayed..I've also never had a problem with this place untill yesterday when I went to go pick my stuff up..
    I will name this place as soon as I get my guns from him.

TTNKountze

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    My FFL told me ATF visited him about a guy that bought something like 175 guns in a year, including several lots of 20 or 30 AK types. The investigator from ATF had nothing to say to my guy, as my guy is doing nothing wrong. The guy doing all the buying drew their attention because one of the guns he bought ended up in Mexico. Seems he was selling tons of guns on Facebook. I buy multiples all the time (handguns and ARs (here in Texas multiple AR purchases have to be reported by your FFL)) and he's never objected once.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sounds like the guy got sideways with the ATF and he is taking it out on his customers.
    This is exactly what I'm thinking happen..I've been a customer of theres for 2 years now and I've never had a problem with them..for him to tell me that I NEED TO STOP BUYING GUNS was kind of weird and pissed me off a bit because we already have king obama telling us not to buy guns so I would have never guessed a LGS telling its customers to stop buying lol..

Anyways his employee just called me and told me that I can come pick my guns up..this will be the last time I do buisness with them and set foot in there shop.

When I pick my guns up I will name the place and I know there's going to be some people suprised but I also want to stress that this was only my experience with them and I don't believe they treat everyone like that..anyways these last few months they haven't had anything in stock besides a few glocks here and there and $700plus tax wasr10/63 or 60..it was one of those wasrs10 that go for like $550

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Anyways his employee just called me and told me that I can come pick my guns up..this will be the last time I do buisness with them and set foot in there shop.

People do irrational things when their heads are not in the right place. He was upset about something and he took it out on you. That's bad business, even if it was a donut shop. Get your items and leave without a word, then out him for his wrong doings. If it doesn't turn his attitude around, he deserves to be out of business.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I would go ask him whats up. After getting my guns and doing the paperwork, of course. If the ATF was interested in me and the amount of guns I was buying, I would like to know. He might also apologize for being an ass.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Walked in the shop today and it felt a little akward because all the employees where looking at me all suspicious,I really think these people think that I'm buying guns online for cheap and selling them to make a profit which is really insulting.i only buy online because I can never find what I'm looking for at his shop or any other LGS like ar lowers or Aks and after paying shipping and FFL transfer fees I end up paying about the same price..

Anyways I walked to the back to get my guns and the owner had them ready for me..I told him it was weird because this was My first time getting delayed and I asked him what was that all about and he said yea it's like that etc.. And that the ATF has been harassing him for 6days(not 6hours as I mentioned)and that one of his customers that he knows of was buying and selling guns and using him as a FFL,he said one of the guns this guy brought was involved in a crime and that the ATF needed more information from his shop and that he had to fill out paper work,honestly he was just rambling away and everything he said didn't make much sence and seemed like BS..he said a whole lot of stuff lol but no APOLGY,I guess him putting me on the spot infront of everyone in his shop the other day didn't mean anything to him,he was also saying something about he doesn't want to take a chance at getting his FFL license taken away due to people getting guns shipped to his shop,to me it really sounded like he didn't want my buisness anymore and didn't want me to get any guns shipped to him so I guess I'll find someone else..

Like I said this was my very own experience I had with these people..

The shops name is HOUMA AUTO PARTS inc in Houma Louisiana..

TTNKountze

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    I suspect he doesn't. When mine had a similar situation come up, they didn't even audit him, just looked at old 4473s. I think there is more going on than he is letting you know.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I would politely tell him to get bent 5 ways till Sunday. And W
    TF that actually means, I have not a clue.

I pay $20-$25 for an FFL transfer, and they treat me very well.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Like with everything, its your money, so spend it where you get the best service.... There's too many options to be spending money where you aren't appreciated.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I have never been to that shop. I have also never been treated like that by anyone at a shop. Imagine if the owner of a neighborhood grocery behaved like that with regular customers?

Top Bottom