hand /pocket warmers.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    ok so last night i was stuck on a boat with no genni,no heater and freezing ym ass off,,then i rememberd my loving wife had bought me a couple packs of pocket warmers,,so never using them before i read the directions opend 2 packs for me and my deckhand,, (we were all but huging each other trying to stay warm) after reading the warning about possibly getting burned i was completly let down,,they got luke warm at best had to hold them real tight for any kind of heat,,,,but it did help the night go by faster wile me and the deckhand shook them and tried this and that to get them hot..

are there any pocket heaters you guys recomend....im tempeted to buy a few packs of the therma wraps,i know they get warm enough to help keep you from shivering even if it is only for 15 or 20 mins

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I've tried all the disposable pocket warmers you can buy commercially, they all suck. I had a reusable one that was awesome, but you had to boil it to reset it which was a pain in the ass.

Is there any super cool mil-spec **** we don't know about?

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    i have winter ware,but you never know when your gonna get stuck out on the boat and the weather change quickly,,,and im just tired of paching a huge back pack with xtra gear for 2 or 3 typs of weather,,,im trying to compress my backpack,looking for something/somethings to help with the warming issue,,i all ready have face mask,hats,gloves,,,but anyone ever stood on freezing cold ass metal knows how fast it will go streight to the bone....

its the coke can theroy,,place a coke can in the ice chest and the contents get super cold heat/cold transfer is instant,,,same thing with us sitting on a huge aluminum boat with no insulation except the river is the ice chest and im the firggen liquid,,thermals dont help as much as you would think whe youjust standing in one spot on cold metal.

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    thats cool you put the zippo hand wamrers on there,,i had completly forgotten about them,,,wich is odd seeing how i collect zippo and zippos products,,,i wanted to order one of htses just to have one,,,after reading the reviews ill now be ordering a couple,one to save and one or 2 to use...

+25

sandman

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    St.Amant
    ok so last night i was stuck on a boat with no genni,no heater and freezing ym ass off,,then i rememberd my loving wife had bought me a couple packs of pocket warmers,,so never using them before i read the directions opend 2 packs for me and my deckhand,, (we were all but huging each other trying to stay warm) after reading the warning about possibly getting burned i was completly let down,,they got luke warm at best had to hold them real tight for any kind of heat,,,,but it did help the night go by faster wile me and the deckhand shook them and tried this and that to get them hot..

are there any pocket heaters you guys recomend....im tempeted to buy a few packs of the therma wraps,i know they get warm enough to help keep you from shivering even if it is only for 15 or 20 mins

Who do u work for?

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    cresent ship service,,burnside anchorage but last night the boat was up in white castle,,,i fking hate white castle

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    The cheap ones will get hot, but you have to keep them in a well insulated area, like a pocket. I've taped them to the top of my boots to keep my feet warm, worked pretty well. Put them in the pockets of your bottom layer and they work too well, hence the burn warnings.

Another note, they have to breathe, but not out in the open or you dissipate all of the heat. just mash them around in your pocket then let them sit for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom