handgun pictures thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Kimber pistols have had a lot of QC issues lately. I was reading a thread on another forum that had to do with pistols you've had trouble with. I was amazed how many were Kimbers. Personally I don't own one but man there's got to something to it.

Dave

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Kimber pistols have had a lot of QC issues lately. I was reading a thread on another forum that had to do with pistols you've had trouble with. I was amazed how many were Kimbers. Personally I don't own one but man there's got to something to it.

Dave

I own three and I have never had any problems. I have held and examined several different brands of 1911's and the fit and finish are on par with all of those. I have shot some pretty nice ones as well and they are in the same league IMO. Ofcourse I am not an expert on the subject. I am however a satisfied Kimber owner and from the people I have talked to most are. I will continue being one for rest of my life unless they **** me off. I really have no brand loyalty only brand temporary satisfaction.

Also if you go looking for something on the internet you will find it.

The only gun I have every owned and had problems with was my g19. Glock slide release spring was somehow cut to short and would come out from under the bar allowing the slide release to come up every shot. I had never even dissambled a glock frame before sat down punched out the pins and the shear simplicity of the gun allowed me to just figure out what was going on. Bought another one and put it in there cycled a few founds and walla. I am impressed with simple elegance. I don't know if I would call the glock elegant but simple is definitely accurate.

Last edited:

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    The only Kimber I've shot felt nice, but I only fired one magazine's worth of rounds, it didn't feel as nice as my Colt Mark 4 Series 80 Gold Cup.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I didn't go looking for it. I happened to come across it. I only remembered it because of just how many there were. It was striking. Every other manufacturer had several a couple of complaints too. I have nothing against Kimber. I don't own one. I just was telling you what I had noticed. Please don't get so defensive I was talking about a handgun maker not your wife, kids, mother, father, etc. Your identity and manhood isn't tied up here.

Dave

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I didn't go looking for it. I happened to come across it. I only remembered it because of just how many there were. It was striking. Every other manufacturer had several a couple of complaints too. I have nothing against Kimber. I don't own one. I just was telling you what I had noticed. Please don't get so defensive I was talking about a handgun maker not your wife, kids, mother, father, etc. Your identity and manhood isn't tied up here.

Dave

The problem with chatting in forums are emotions come in the form of smiley faces. Not defensive at all. Just killing time. :) Sorry if I came off that way. Just like discussing guns and can't wait for Tuesday. It seems like I have been hearing more and more about problems with their QC and just giving my .02 from personal experience. Enjoy your weekend dwr461.

Last edited:

silver

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    St.Martinville
    Less talk more pictures :D RIA / Kimber .45 ACP

100_3256.jpg

bhp9mm

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 26, 2007
    slidell,la
    smith and wesson 29-5 Classic Magnum II, 44 Mag, 7 1/2" bbl, blue unfluted cylinder and 625-2 45acp model of 1988 5 inch bbl

picture.php

FloridaFialaFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ODD LOOKING SINGLE-SHOT .22rfs

Pictured here are four unusual looking single-shot .22rf handguns in my collection. Odd only because their grip frames look like those of their manufacturers' original primary line of guns: REVOLVERS! :thumbsup:

FLATTENEDSINGLE-SHOTS001_edited.jpg

TOP to BOTTOM they are: Hopkins & Allen Single Shot Target: 2500 made between 1906-1915, with 6", 8" or 10" barrel. (Marlin bought the company in 1917 and around 1930 assembled about 25 of these from the old parts.Twelve of those survived, all plainly marked as made by Marlin, and all were blued with 10" barrels.) Colt Camp Perry, 2525 made from 1925 to 1933. (Only 440 to 450 were made with 6" barrels as mine is. These were called the Second Model, or Improved Model.) Another Hopkins & Allen Single Shot Target with 6" barrel. At bottom, Smith & Wesson Model of 91. S&W company letter says this one left the factory in 1901. According to Kull's S&W book only 862 or these were made in .22rf.

Condition top to bottom: H&A 10" NRA VG+ (95%); Colt NRA VG+ (98%); H&A 6" NRA G+ (80%); and S&W NRA VG+ (90%). Serial numbers on all guns have matching number parts, original finish, grips, and sights.

Best regards ~ ~ ~ FFF

A penny saved is a government oversight.

larm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    this one was a russian capture and then made its way to a soviet bloc country police department. thats where those grips were put on. thats the story i got anyway. the pistol shoots great and has all the markings intact. i ordered it from centry arms back in the late 80s if i remember right.

Top Bottom