Handgun tryout at Bass Pro Shop?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    I remember seeing a couple of posts in here in the past where someone suggested that a person looking for a handgun could go to Bass Pro Shop and try out a few different ones. Can someone pick a few different guns and shoot them there at Bass Pro or did the person who posted that mean that you can just handle the guns at the counter? Can someone give me more details on this?

Thanks in advance!

Patrick (Grandpa23)

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    Bass Pro does have a range to shoot in but I have never seen them let you try out their gun. They are helpful and will show you everything they have. After you buy it you can shoot all you want.

cguedr

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Jefferson
    When people refer to "trying out" handguns at a place like Bass Pro, they typically mean "handle" the gun because it is a convenient place to do so since they typically have a fairly large inventory. The suggestion to go to a range to shoot a few is a great one, though I'm not sure of any places in Louisiana that have a large rental selection. You can usually find the usual suspects at ranges that are available for rent, Glocks, XDs, perhaps a Beretta, etc.

Last edited:

Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    When people refer to "trying out" handguns at a place like Bass Pro, they typically mean "handle" the gun because it is a convenient place to do so since they typically have a fairly large inventory. The suggestion to go to a range to shoot a few is a great one, though I'm not sure of any places in Louisiana that have a large rental selection. You can usually find the usual suspects at ranges that are available for rent, Glocks, XDs, perhaps a Beretta, etc.
    Thank you. I think what I'll do is go to Bass Pro and wrap my hands around a few to see what feels best to me then do some research on what I narrowed it down to.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Just meet up with a BSer, I am no where near Jennings, but I have allowed a few people test some of my pistols as long as they provided factory fresh ammo. If I have factory ammo on hand I have even supplied ammo to get a new shooter hooked. I don't like passing out my reloads though, even my wife shoots factory when I shoot reloads.

Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    Just meet up with a BSer, I am no where near Jennings, but I have allowed a few people test some of my pistols as long as they provided factory fresh ammo. If I have factory ammo on hand I have even supplied ammo to get a new shooter hooked. I don't like passing out my reloads though, even my wife shoots factory when I shoot reloads.

Well, I was hoping to find someone with a Bersa 9mm Ultra Compact. I love the Bersa .380s but haven't had a chance to try a 9mm yet. But I'm willing to try pretty much any brand. I travel to Lafayette quite often and have been known to go as far as Baton Rouge or Denham Springs for gun related transactions. :D Maybe one day I'll get with you and we can do some shooting somewhere if you don't mind. What handguns do you have, by the way? I'm really only interested in 9mm.

Thanks!

Top Bottom