Harriet Tubman to replace Andrew Jackson on $20 bill

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I don't know about you guys but I do not fancy the idea of having a criminal's photo on US currency. Give me two 10 dollar bills instead.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    She was a criminal and terrorist (at the time). Do you know who she is?

Of course. However, I'm not a Harriet Tubman biographer, so I'm curious the exact crimes that would make someone desire she not be on currency, or is it the mere fact of being a criminal despite what law may have been broken. So, elaborate

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    She was an accessory to crimes that were committed.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Harriet_Tubman

You realize uncyclopedia is a comedic/satirical site, right? Thus the name? Surely you have particulars in mind since you're as strongly opinionated as you are?

Edit: actually, you citing that link, assuming you read past the first 3 words, speaks for you more than enough and answers the question that was in my mind

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Of course. However, I'm not a Harriet Tubman biographer, so I'm curious the exact crimes that would make someone desire she not be on currency, or is it the mere fact of being a criminal despite what law may have been broken. So, elaborate

That's why I put (at the time). It wasn't very long ago that black folks couldn't go in the Whites Only bathroom. It was a crime (at the time).

By today's standards, opposing this new bill would be considered racist.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    yea really ?? you may want to read the entry before you post something from their site. Apparently she was a hockey fan in 1858 and attended a game in San Antonio. Rode on the team bus ! :rofl:

Lol I know what I was doing. But seriously screw the original idea of changing the appearance of the federal note.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    That's why I put (at the time). It wasn't very long ago that black folks couldn't go in the Whites Only bathroom. It was a crime (at the time).

By today's standards, opposing this new bill would be considered racist.

It's entirely possible she had some history I was unaware of beyond what everyone knows of her. That's why I asked for elaboration

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It's entirely possible she had some history I was unaware of beyond what everyone knows of her. That's why I asked for elaboration

Wouldn't doubt it. Everybody has some unknown history. I was making more of a generalized statement. Some people still see what she did as criminal activity, and as a terrorist for essentially causing a small rebellion against Southern slave owners.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Pretty soon they will want Washington and Jefferson off of currency because they owned slaves. Kicking Jackson off the $20 because of his involvement with Native Americans is absurd. This reminds me of the movement to tear down the statues in New Orleans.

Sulzer

Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Whether or not you go down in history as a terrorist, criminal or rebel is completely dependent on what side of the argument you are on and whether or not you win the fight.

By your standards you, as a southerner, should be equally appalled that Abe and Ulysses are on federal notes. Also, remember our founding fathers were terrorist, criminals and rebels in the Brit's eyes.

_Big_Al_

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    Lafayette
    I heard something the other day that made me laugh. I was told the author of Idiocracy was being interviewed in prep for the 10th anniversary of his movie and was asked what he though of his movie and the world today. supposedly he said "I never intended for it to be a prophecy"

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    more consoling of a butt hurt society full of people that still don't understand you can't demand respect.

This!

I'll go further with more exactness. This is another white guilt play. A very failed attempt at appeasement because the black culture is quickly sliding down into the abyss and phony liberals are just doing what they always do. Pretending this is something that makes up for their unholy alliance with the teachers unions which continue to damn inner city blacks with ignorance and guaranteed poverty. But instead of making the hard choices to fix things correctly and try to give the majority of the blacks a better chance at succeeding here, they throw tokenism and slight of hand at them.

So if I am black, I am supposed to be proud that a black American (anyone), is now on US currency; and this should keep me happy while my women have a nearly 85% birthrate out of wedlock, my culture has epidemic derelict fathers, broken families, two generations now of uneducated children having children, crime rates that continue to soar ten times above average per capita, terrible schools that teachers unions refuse to allow states and local municipalities fix, drug rates off the charts, now the leading race in America with AIDS, lower wages now than when Mr. wonderful got there 7 years ago, etc., etc., and on, and on....

This will be veiled as a great accomplishment for black Americans, but it is yet more deceit by the most despicable bunch of all; phony liberal demorcats. :(

notasheeple

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Treasury Secretary Jack Lew "also announced a set of changes that include putting leaders of the women’s suffrage movement on the back of the $10 bill and incorporating civil rights era leaders and other important moments in American history into the $5 bill."

Top Bottom