Has anybody ever heard of these?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    I viewed on gunblast.com a review of a Turkish semi-auto twelve gauge that seems to be quite nice, and has a great price.
    A link to the review.
    What do you guys think compared to the standard pump guns we see in Louisiana, and the CZ offering, the 712?

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    site sponsor Southland Police Supply is listed as a dealer. The importers site also has a non-pistol grip version and a 28" hunting version that looked nice.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Remington 870

With 870's being so cheap, I'd stick with a domestic 870.

I bought my first many years ago when a friend came back from a grizzly hunt in northern Canada, saying that it was the only gun the grizzly guides carrried because of its dependabliity and rapid rate of fire. Now have several.

One can't go wrong with an 870.

leVieux

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I played with one last time I went to Guatemala in May

Due to importation cost Turkish guns have been taking over the market in Latin America compared to "American Guns".

It was built and fitted very nicely IMO and ran every ammo that we had that day at the range, I would buy it as en extra gun but not as my main shotgun.

IIRC it was priced right next to the 870 pumps there, so most people were just going semi-auto.

I would just look for a Beretta Police TRade in if you wanted a semi on a budget, I have 2 and I couldnt be happier with them

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    I played with one last time I went to Guatemala in May

Due to importation cost Turkish guns have been taking over the market in Latin America compared to "American Guns".

It was built and fitted very nicely IMO and ran every ammo that we had that day at the range, I would buy it as en extra gun but not as my main shotgun.

IIRC it was priced right next to the 870 pumps there, so most people were just going semi-auto.

I would just look for a Beretta Police TRade in if you wanted a semi on a budget, I have 2 and I couldnt be happier with them

Interesting. I may have to think about that, Paps, but I am weighing my options. I want something that is reliable but cheap enough that I can shoot it more than I have to spend time cleaning it or repairing it....... and one that is not of questionable quality, like some new Remington guns.

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    As for a cost locally, Spent Brass, call someone in your area; I am wholly unfamiliar with gun dealers in you city. Maybe Bowie Outfitters?

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Out of curiosity, Paps, why wouldn't you run this as a primary; as well, why do you recommend the Beretta trade-in?

I put too much trust into a "main" protection piece ( as it should be IMO) and I expect for her to perform when I need it the most

I am not trying to **** on the Turkish guns BUT it would be like driving a YUGO or a BMW they both do the job but its not the same .........

I paid in the low $300 for my Berettas, they both came from a Detroit PD and were Patrol Guns for what the source told me, they had a few scuff marks from being carried but were shot very little, I know I can put my trust on the Brand regardless of what kind of ammo I am shooting through it and if parts were a concern they can still be found in the market not to mention a gunsmith who would be willing to gat his hands on the gun.

I seriously doubt anybody will want to fix a Turkish made gun and parts not sure where you going to find them .......

If you think you might be interested in a Beretta Semi let me know and I will start making phone calls to try to get my hands on another one, most of the parts from the Benelli M1 interchange on it as well so thats a HUGE plus IMO

Pigfish73

Brass Junkie!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I agree with Guate_shooter. One of the officers I work with carries the Beretta for duty and it is a smooth running shotgun. No problems, and it wasn't expensive. He also bought his as a trade in from another dept. If you're stuck on semi auto that is a great value. Otherwise, the 870 has been a reliable tool for many years. My sheriff's office has issued 870's for decades. No problems.
    I just don't know if I would trust my life to a gun made in Turkey. Are they reliable? Can you get parts for it?

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    With 870's being so cheap, I'd stick with a domestic 870.

I bought my first many years ago when a friend came back from a grizzly hunt in northern Canada, saying that it was the only gun the grizzly guides carrried because of its dependabliity and rapid rate of fire. Now have several.

One can't go wrong with an 870.

leVieux

Another 870 vote. I have a Wilson Combat Border Patrol which is a 870 modified. Very dependable and well built.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom