HAS ANYONE HAD ISSUES USING FREEDOM MUNITIONS (new) 9MM 115GR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RIDER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I was thinking about trying some Freedom Munitions 9mm 115gr fmj (new) ammo - not reload, and a couple of people told me they had some issues with this brand. I read online where some people were having issues with high pressure signs on the primers with 124gr fmj (new), but I have not read anything about 115gr problems. Any opinions are appreciated, Thanks RIDER

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I've never shot their (new) ammo, but I've fired thousands of rounds of their (reman) in both 9mm (115gr) and .223 (62gr FMJ I think) without a single problem, ever. If their (reman) stuff is good, I can't imagine that their (new) wouldn't be as well. Granted I'm a sample size of 1, so take that as you will.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I was told by Freedom that all New and Reman ammo are the same expect for the brass.
    And I buy it all the time and have no trouble at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    Ive never had an issue with them but maybe 1 or 2 rounds not ejecting. I blame myself for that problem though..

RIDER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Thank you all for your replies, I try to take what I read on the internet with a grain of salt, normally you only read about the bad experiences. I've read more good about this brand than bad, and just wanted some input from others who have used it. I finally have my lovely WIFE shooting with me and do not need any injury or damage caused by ammo to scare her away. I know that any ammo brand can have issues at random as I experienced with a bad batch of Winchester, I'm just a little more careful now. Thanks RIDER

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    I got some 9mm reman right after they started the brass trade in and waited to shoot it for almost a year. Stored in ammo can in air controlled room. When I tried to shoot it from my glock last year it was crap. They would not cycle and would jamb every round. The casings would stick in the gun and I could not get them out. Cleared it finally and switched to another ammo I had and it cycled fine. Back to the freedom and again the same crap. I think quality control went down hill after the brass trade in started. I have bought and used various calibers of freedom munitions since the beginning with no problems before this incident. One bullet was loaded about an 1/8 inch to far down into casing. The head stamps were all different. I stopped buying from them that day. I still have a couple thousand rounds left of various calibers that I will shoot some day.

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    y2aqyzuz.jpg

This is the casing and it was stuck in my Glock I had to bring it home put it in a vice and beat it out with a Phillips head screwdriver
    sapeda6e.jpg

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I shoot the remanufactured 9mm from them in large qualities. Around 8000 rds of their 9mm with zero issues out of my M&P9 so far.

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    For the record I still plan to shoot the thousands of rounds I have. The 223 and .40 have given me zero issues. Just sharing what happened.

RIDER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    King4456, Thank you for taking the time and effort to show me what your experience has been. The pics of the ammo look clean and brand new, you would never think it would cause such bad results. Any idea what is causing this to occur? Any damage to your Glock? Have you tried there (NEW) ammo or have you just used there reloads?

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Just the reman. My opinion is that the casings were expanding too much due to brass that had been reloaded too many times. Not an expert on reloading so I do not know if this was the case.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Just the reman. My opinion is that the casings were expanding too much due to brass that had been reloaded too many times. Not an expert on reloading so I do not know if this was the case.

King, I don't know what the problem is with that ammo but I'm sure it's not the brass. The way I tell when my 9mm brass is done is when the case mouth starts splitting.

If you have the batch number of the box call freedom and they will make it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jquinnett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Bossier City, LA
    I agree with king4456: too many reloads, too much powder, or a bad edge on the case. I have a bunch of Freedom 9mm and 40 as well as I load tons of Extreme plated bullets (same company) and never had any problems. I have had problems with black flash (smoked) which is usually a sign of not enough powder to seal the case. I have had stuck cases with some of the steel Russian stuff. maybe be case length issue, might measure it and see.

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    In two years, I've likely shot about 30,000 rounds of ammo. I have used my share of Freedom Munitions ammo but it has not been the majority of brand. My one and only squib was with a Freedom Muntions reman 9mm round within the last month. Thankfully, it didn't travel too far down the barrel and the following round didn't seat. That turned me off - I'll use other brands instead.

brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    In two years, I've likely shot about 30,000 rounds of ammo. I have used my share of Freedom Munitions ammo but it has not been the majority of brand. My one and only squib was with a Freedom Muntions reman 9mm round within the last month. Thankfully, it didn't travel too far down the barrel and the following round didn't seat. That turned me off - I'll use other brands instead.

2 years after this post, looking for updates if any. I shipped 2 boxes of empty brass to them and got a credit within 2 days of them receiving. Are there any current issues with NEW 9mm 115 gn. ?
    Thanks for any replies.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    2 years after this post, looking for updates if any. I shipped 2 boxes of empty brass to them and got a credit within 2 days of them receiving. Are there any current issues with NEW 9mm 115 gn. ?
    Thanks for any replies.

You will find your answer if you Google Freedom Munitions Ammunition.

Top Bottom