Has anyone heard anything about JBE making antigun exec orders?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    Most of those were resolutions and not BIlls per se.

Note that he said he was through with politics when he lost the Gov race.

The question is who will run for his seat.

Louisiana is a Republican state. His losing to a Democrat shows his unpopularity. A lot of Republicans voted Democratic in that election. The LA Bar Association spent a lot of money going against him naturally bit so did a lot of others.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I am a die hard conservative and I voted for JBE. My reason for doing so was simple.

I hated Vitter more than I did Edwards.

Vitter had 12 years in office as Senator. In that time, he introduced SEVEN bills. During that time, he was the most absent Senator in Washington. He missed more votes than any other Senator. Why would someone want him as Governor.

Vitter skipping some votes caused you to wanna destroy our state?

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I am a die hard conservative and I voted for JBE. My reason for doing so was simple.

I hated Vitter more than I did Edwards.

Vitter had 12 years in office as Senator. In that time, he introduced SEVEN bills. During that time, he was the most absent Senator in Washington. He missed more votes than any other Senator. Why would someone want him as Governor.

Thats why I just refused to vote for governor. I refused to reward Vitter's lack of service. But couldnt vote for any Dem. Even for dog catcher.

I blame you and this thinking for everything JBE does to Louisiana.

You now have no right to complain about anything JBE does to destroy this state.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner

You now have no right to complain about anything JBE does to destroy this state.
    ^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^ What were you thinking (or not) when you voted for a Democrap or did not vote at all ?

Taxes will go up !
    Hand outs will go up!
    Our rights will be stepped on !
    It happens every time, but some how they still get in.

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    on average, TOO many people believed the ads being run by pacs and super pacs. I could never understand why someone did not bring up JBE's voting record.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

I throughly disagree I voted my conscience which said NO to both, not yes to JBE.

If Vitter would have been elected in 4 years Louisiana would be in worse shape than it is today because it would have been like Sienfeld. It would have been a show about nothing.

I hate that a dirt bag lib holds the office now but with an overwelming majority of Republican reps and a republican speaker maybe just maybe they can do to JBE what the '94 congress did the slick Willy. Tie his hands and force him to triangulate.

I'm sorry you guys don't agree but I'm sick and tired of this so-called two party system thats really more like an episode of WWE, where they fake like they are enimies and back in the locker room they are having a giant circle jerk.

Last edited:

reelkaos

Rookie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Springfield
    The good ole boy network didn't like Vitter. So we have business as usual. The Baton Rouge party, just like the Washington party. Dems and Repubs, all the same.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    I spoke with a very Democratic friend that is Democrat only because of occupation. He has a great state job at a nice six figure salary. This guy keeps up with politics like many of us keep up with guns.. Yesterday we had a long sit down talk and he informed me that most of what Vitter did in Congress was symbolic and very few of the bills he introduced were passed since the vast majority were aimed at benefiting certain groups, businesses or individuals. I am not sure he is correct or not. However Vitter ticked off a lot of people or the election would have had a different outcome. He got trounced and then announced he would not seek any future political offices.

In my opinion, Vitter beat himself by his actions while in office. I do not care what is personal actions have been. I care about job performance.

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    Things don't exist in a vacuum. The ticket might have said Edwards or Vitter, but the reality is D or R, Free Stuff Society or The Lesser of Evils. It's a losing strategy to get hung up on the individual when the other side is fighting an ideological battle. Every time we vote the other side or stay home were losing ground. Being principled is selfish in a first past the post voting system. What matters is winning and control.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    What's done is done. Back to the OP:

The title is fairly self explanatory, has anyone heard anything? I heard that Obama is in Baton Rouge, and the subject of gun laws (of course) and JBE making executive orders was touched on. Is this so?

IS there anything JBE can do in the form of a Gov EO that would affect gun rights in our state?

Has anyone else heard this rumor?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Things don't exist in a vacuum. The ticket might have said Edwards or Vitter, but the reality is D or R, Free Stuff Society or The Lesser of Evils. It's a losing strategy to get hung up on the individual when the other side is fighting an ideological battle. Every time we vote the other side or stay home were losing ground. Being principled is selfish in a first past the post voting system. What matters is winning and control.

But here's the problem the game we are playing isnt that as simple as two oposing forces fighting it out at the ballot. Its more like when my dad used to say, "I'll flip you for it. Heads I win tails you loose" see it didnt matter what the coin showed I lost because I was foolish enough to fall for it. And in case after case we have allowed those making the rules to make it impossible for us to win.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

IS there anything JBE can do in the form of a Gov EO that would affect gun rights in our state?

My instinct is no but its also my belief that there is nothing the POTUS can legally do to affect gun rights. But you see how well that works.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    Those healthcare funds comes with ALOT of strings attached. Also, don't be fooled in thinking that this Po Dunk wont get wooed by Bloomberg's NY money.

Last edited:

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    every document from the hill, comes with strings attached. its the way politicians push their hidden agenda across.
    people need to wake up, no current democrat or republican enter office, with the intent of doing whats right. its all about money and power, and they lie about caring.

look at a governors salary 129K per year. what million will place his / her life in the public eye, loose the freedom to travel about, and is scrutinized for $129k. its about the power

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

I think that damage can be done surreptitiously and collaterally. Look at what that complete moron Marc Morial did in New Orleans. We had SHOT SHOW here in Louisiana! :awais: SHOT SHOW! :awais: And this imbecile made them leave because of his phony anti gun stance and lawsuit against the gun industry!

Other ways, tax ammo (he do love taxes!), discontinue 2nd amendment tax holiday's (which he probably will anyway because he is a tax parasite), and little gambits here and there in the name of public safety.

Top Bottom