Have you tried the Carnivore Diet or Raw Carnivore Diet?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you tried the Carnivore Diet, or Raw Carnivore Diet?

• I'm a Carnivore.

Votes: 3 21.4%
    • I'm a Raw Carnivore.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • I tried Carnivore but it wasnt for me.

Votes: 1 7.1%
    • I tried Raw Carnivore but it wasn't for me.

• No, I researched it and it doesnt look like it's for me.

Votes: 5 35.7%
    • No freakin way, that sounds horrible!

Votes: 3 21.4%
    • I want to try it but I haven't sarted yet.

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    It's basically a yogurt drink.. Atleast that's how it tasted to me.. Its not bad at all.
    I'm just having fun, really, having some laughs and hopefully others get the same from it.
    I do enjoy yogurt, heavy cream (not fermented), various cheeses. Recently picked up a Le Creuset baking dish so there could be a few preparations with cottage cheese or other fermented delights.

https://www.everythingkitchens.com/...bjectID=49208&indexName=live_default_products

laughter-is-good-for-the-soul-f-schiele.jpg

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    Common sense would tell us early humans were carnavores, probably Apex predators. the extra protien and colories would explain why our brains grew larger than other apelike animals. Over time we changed to omnivores, we still have sharp canines as well as teeth for grinding nuts, beans etc.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    I am 18 months in to a diet/lifestyle change and am very pleased with the results.
    I lost around 35 pounds of fat and put on muscle.
    A1C went from pre-diabetic 5.8 to 5.2
    HDL rose from 37 to 57
    Triglycerides fell from 121 to 58
    Blood pressure was averaging 145/90 is now 120/80

I eat lots of fatty red meat, eggs, bacon.
    I eat some leafy vegetables like cabbage, right now I am on a lettuce wedge blue cheese bacon kick.
    Everyday I will eat pecans roasted in butter, blue berries, and black berries, all in moderation (less than a 1/2 cup.)
    Sharp cheddar cheese every day.

I do not eat any kind of sugar (other than the little in the berries), no rice, no vegetable oils, no potatoes, stay away from nightshades.

Mostly do not eat any processed garbage. Simple one ingredient foods.

60 years old, no longer on any medicine, feel great, and am stronger than I have been in years.

One year apart

That is a big gator. Did you catch him in the Delcombre area?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Cross-posting my new post here:
    Hi y'all!

My wife and I have been purchasing meat from ButcherBox for about a year now and have been very satisfied with the meat and their customer service. They are running a promo right now where current subscribers can refer friends where we each get $50 off an order (you get $50 and I get $50).

Click here for the referral/affiliate link to get the deal, or paste the below into your browser:

Here is my most recent box that was delivered yesterday:
    View attachment 150825

A few notable points that they don't make very clear on their website:
    1) You aren't locked in and can cancel the subscription at any time.
    2) You can move when you want boxes delivered. We travel a good bit, so I am constantly changing when the next box delivers.
    3) They run "member deals" all the time (and send you a ton of emails about them - I recommend making a filter where they don't hit your inbox as they get annoying) - you definitely should check them as sometimes they're really good.

All in all, the meat is fairly reasonably priced, especially for the quality. I'm a fan that almost everything you get from them is either wild caught, organic, or fed healthy ingredients. Our most ordered item is probably the ground bison, which goes well in chilli.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I love Bison!

I try to always be mindful to shop smart. To hell with prepackaged, processed crap. That stuff WILL put YOU in an early grave, and it's scientifically proven.
    No matter what, keep learning about your health, and shop accordingly. Be smarter than the factories.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I love Bison!

I try to always be mindful to shop smart. To hell with prepackaged, processed crap. That stuff WILL put YOU in an early grave, and it's scientifically proven.
    No matter what, keep learning about your health, and shop accordingly. Be smarter than the factories.
    Man, I've made some killer bison chili lately! Another recipe that's pretty good is ground bison scrambles!

Top Bottom