Having Suppressor Withdrawls !

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjb550

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Been 3 months since I ordered a suppressor from Belsco in Lafayette, La. Never thought it would take this long for a dealer to get the item, and I know I've still got a 4 to 6 month wait if I'm lucky once it comes in and I send the Trust paperwork off with the proper forms. I am trying to suppress the want to go over to Belsco and see what the deal is.
    Anyone else having long waits for there dealers to get there items in.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Yes I had lots of problems with belsco. They messed up almost every step of my transfer. I never would have gotten it if I would not have been proactive in checking up on it.

First, you need to call the silencer company direct and verify they actually have an order placed from belsco. Next, call the ATF and verify there is actually a transfer submitted from belsco.

What did you buy?

Like I say in my tutorials, always buy in stock suppressors!

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Also 3 months is not a long time on a suppressor order. It took 12 months to get my m4-2000 from aac to belsco!!! And six months to get my blackside from gemtech to red jacket firearms!

bjb550

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Well one issue is that I also posted on silencertalk.com about transfers from manufactuers to dealers, and Mike Mers from AAC asked me to get him my dealers name and i did and he confirmed that they didn't have an order for belsco and that all orders for the AAC Element had been shipped. They said maybe Belsco uses a middleman supplier of AAC items. Oh Well.
    I guess the best thing to do is just forget about it and be pleasently suprised when I get a call.
    Thanks for all the input.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Well one issue is that I also posted on silencertalk.com about transfers from manufactuers to dealers, and Mike Mers from AAC asked me to get him my dealers name and i did and he confirmed that they didn't have an order for belsco and that all orders for the AAC Element had been shipped. They said maybe Belsco uses a middleman supplier of AAC items. Oh Well.
    I guess the best thing to do is just forget about it and be pleasently suprised when I get a call.
    Thanks for all the input.

UH, if they said they didn't get an order from Belsco then you need to call Claire and chew some ass. My M4-2000 was ordered from AAC direct. Trust me dude, if you sit back on wait on this it will never come in.

bjb550

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Yea I agree I ordered Aug 18th so I'll give them till the 18th of this month (3 months) and if I haven't heard anything I'll deffinatley be making a trip to Belsco. I'd call but I'm a face to face kind of person, and I don't live that far away.

On another topic who are you guys using for class 3 transfers of your NFA items and would you recommend anyone ???

I've tried Custom Gun Works and to say they were a joke to deal with would be an understatement. A guy at Dave's gun shop told me Belsco was the way to go so thats why i tried them next. I also know Barney's firearms does class 3 and also a guy I saw on here Landry308 said he does Class 3 out of Houma but haven't heard of anyone having any experience with either of them. I live in St. Mary Parish and trying to stay kind of close to home for dealers, but for good service I'd be willing to venture out. As for this transfer I'm gonna stick it out with belsco, seeing as I ordered the Element on that Tax free holiday and got the silencer minus the sales tax so that was pretty nice, and a lil somethin extra to put towards the transfer tax.
    Again thanks for all the help guys.

yarbsea

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Bossier
    I got a m4-2000 about a week ago. Took 7.5 months total. Sit back and wait dude...it's how you become "that guy" who actually HAS ONE of these things and not just THAT GUY at the range who "knows someone" who has one.

:)

bjb550

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Yea when your right your right. Being my first class 3 purchase this will be a good lesson learned about the whole process, and I'll deff be better prepared for the next.

SpencerSS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Brusly, La
    .On another topic who are you guys using for class 3 transfers of your NFA items and would you recommend anyone ???

Kevin, Extreme Weapons, Brusly, LA (right across the river from BR)

I had to push a little to get things started, but after that he kept me updated on my status and got things straight. Overall: A-

I don't remember his #, but you can contact him at precision firearms in BR (225) 754-7264

jato

old war gun kick
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I recommend that you stay on top of belsco. They had a buddys state form for 3 months and never called him to say it was in. I use landry308, real easy to deal with. My trident took about 7 months from order to form 4 approval. What are you getting?

bjb550

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    I'll deff go in and check on it this weekend it will have been 3 months since i've ordered and hopefully they can give me some good news. I'd be pretty pissed if it's been sitting there and they haven't called but well see, and I will deff be using Landry308 for any other transfers after this one. Have heard nothing but good things from others who have done business with him. His profile says he's in Houma, which is bout an hour away so that works out well.
    Lesson Learned.

I went with the AAC Element. Figured since it's my first suppressor I'd start small and get a .22 suppressor. Did alot of research and liked the features the Element had over other manufactuers.

Last edited:

bjb550

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Ran by Belsco today. They were suprised that the silencer hadn't showed up yet either so he called Mers at AAC and he said he was still wating on the form 3 from the ATF. Guess transfer times are still slow if not getting slower.

The wait continues.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom