HB494

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Didn't pass out. Even the Republicans voted against it. Then it was given the option of involuntarily defer. Crazy and remember when the elections come around.
    Also involuntarily deferred HR520.

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    But don't worry guys, they passed SB651 so THEY can carry without having a permit as long as they go through POST and a psych evaluation. In the words of Sen. "Don't call me late to lunch", "this bill isn't creating a special class, it was already created." (And we, the privileged Legislators, weren't apart of it) "It is just expanding it." :rolleyes:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Now I can grade this session and they get an F. This clown car has failed to pass any meaningful legislation. With under a month to go, there will not be anything passed for the benefit of this state. Our fiscal issues will be kicked to the next session("Let's play kick the can!") Defeating bad legislation does not qualify as good work in my opinion. That is part of the oath of office.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    It looks like a lot of pro gun folks showed up for today's committee meeting. While I applaud their getting involved, we as gun owners need to be careful about our image. Short pants, T-shirts, Crocs and tennis shoes do not present well to legislators. Empty holsters? Come on guys, really? If you want legislators' support, dress the part - khakis and golf shirt at least.

Dan

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    It looks like a lot of pro gun folks showed up for today's committee meeting. While I applaud their getting involved, we as gun owners need to be careful about our image. Short pants, T-shirts, Crocs and tennis shoes do not present well to legislators. Empty holsters? Come on guys, really? If you want legislators' support, dress the part - khakis and golf shirt at least.

Dan

Is that what today's committee meeting looked like?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Dan

I have a hard time believing that this Committee was going to sincerely and fairly consider passing this. If any of these hearings looked like a predetermined outcome, it was this one. To me, there is no reason why my shirt tuck should be the difference between carrying for free (open), or carrying for money (concealed).

It defies logic, except for the monetary and data gathering aspects.

As for the way people dressed? Yeah; there is a certain level of décor that must be considered even up there. I think it speaks volumes to how unconnected the gun community is.

Top Bottom