HB86 Creates the crime of unlawfully supplying a child with an Uzi submachine gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • infringed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2014
    Louisiana
    House Bill 86 looks to make it a crime to transfer, even temporarily (e.g., use in supervised target practice), an "Uzi submachinegun" to anyone 12 years of age or younger. I see this easily turning into illegally supplying anyone under 12 with a scary looking weapon -- like an AR15.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    To hell with the dirtbag commies! Here we go again! Some useless commie legislator tries to pass a useless bill in order to avoid doing anything meaningful or important. We have important issues to deal with and POS Norton wants to waste our time and money with this commie crap.
    No more commie or Nazi gun control laws! If anything, we need to repeal the gun control laws we already have. We have plenty of criminal laws to punish those who commit crimes with guns or criminal negligence.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    To hell with the dirtbag commies! Here we go again! Some useless commie legislator tries to pass a useless bill in order to avoid doing anything meaningful or important. We have important issues to deal with and POS Norton wants to waste our time and money with this commie crap.
    No more commie or Nazi gun control laws! If anything, we need to repeal the gun control laws we already have. We have plenty of criminal laws to punish those who commit crimes with guns or criminal negligence.

:bravo:

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    Probably in response to that video where the little girl is at the range who killed the firearms instructor/trainer with an Uzi a while back...wasn't she pretty young?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Probably in response to that video where the little girl is at the range who killed the firearms instructor/trainer with an Uzi a while back...wasn't she pretty young?

9 iirc. Which is exactly why liberals get fuel for antics like this - unless you make it a felony, someone out there is fing stupid enough to put an automatic weapon into a childs hands. The country is literally so stupid that you have to police stupid, because if you dont people will die from overdose.

Last edited:

Halcyon00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2014
    They have been doing it for a while. It's not like this was a testing run. That instructor just placed too much faith in her and her ability to control the weapon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Link: http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/BillInfo.aspx?s=15rs&b=HB86&sbi=y

9 iirc. Which is exactly why liberals get fuel for antics like this - unless you make it a felony, someone out there is fing stupid enough to put an automatic weapon into a childs hands. The country is literally so stupid that you have to police stupid, because if you dont people will die from overdose.

So are you saying you support this?
    Not trying to put words in your mouth, just trying to clarify.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Link: http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/BillInfo.aspx?s=15rs&b=HB86&sbi=y

So are you saying you support this?
    Not trying to put words in your mouth, just trying to clarify.

Nope. I don't at all. I was just pointing out where they get the ideas for these laws. Unfortunately unless you print and manufacture a household cleaner with a label that says "do not wash your eyes with it", some moron will do it. Furthermore, they will sue because you never told them not to be a moron.

Same theory applies here.

It could just as easily be "it is a felony to point a firearm at an individual" - accidental shooting while cleaning gun? Thats a felony. the muzzle was pointed at your family member/friend/bystander. I'm not saying thats right or necessary, I'm saying this is the mentality of origin.

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    They have been doing it for a while. It's not like this was a testing run. That instructor just placed too much faith in her and her ability to control the weapon

He also gave a newbie a full mag. That is a big no no. He failed to stop her from breaking the plane with the muzzle as well. The instructor paid for it with his life.

Halcyon00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2014
    Yes so calling them all stupid is reckless. The place has been open for years with no accidents. This was the instructors fault not the place of business

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Nope. I don't at all. I was just pointing out where they get the ideas for these laws. Unfortunately unless you print and manufacture a household cleaner with a label that says "do not wash your eyes with it", some moron will do it. Furthermore, they will sue because you never told them not to be a moron.

Same theory applies here.

It could just as easily be "it is a felony to point a firearm at an individual" - accidental shooting while cleaning gun? Thats a felony. the muzzle was pointed at your family member/friend/bystander. I'm not saying thats right or necessary, I'm saying this is the mentality of origin.

Gotcha.

Barbara needs to realize, if we make stupid illegal, she would would be in prison.

Halcyon00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2014
    someone out there is fing stupid enough to put an automatic weapon into a childs hands. The country is literally so stupid that you have to police stupid, because if you dont people will die from overdose.

See post 6. You said some one which is the business. They had been doing this a long time. The instructor F'ed up.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    See post 6. You said some one which is the business. They had been doing this a long time. The instructor F'ed up. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in what world is "some one" the business? Not only did I not mention the business, I dont even know who/where it was. The instructor was stupid and paid with his life due to overdose of complacency and stupidity. Whether it was permitted by the "business" rules or not is entirely irrelevant. Whats your vested interest in it anyway?

Halcyon00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2014
    If you don't know the story why do you comment? This was at a shooting range. People go there to shoot fully automatic weapons. This has been done for a long time. So blaming the business isn't the right thing to do. This was the instructors screw up

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    If you don't know the story why do you comment? This was at a shooting range. People go there to shoot fully automatic weapons. This has been done for a long time. So blaming the business isn't the right thing to do. This was the instructors screw up

I know the story, thanks. I just wasnt aware that it was B&B's Last Stop - I passed on visiting just a few weeks ago. I never said anywhere in this post that the business was responsible, and I said repeatedly that the instructor was killed by complacency and stupidity. I dont know how to type english any clearer.

In fact, no one here mentioned that it was the businesses fault- so you're really screwing the pooch.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Guys, it's a Barbara Norton bill - it will never pass, but may be heard for the amusement of the committee it is assigned to.

Top Bottom