Health Dept.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wagon_Master

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    I got a question I hope one of you can answer. About a year ago I moved out here for work. I have been staying in an RV park and have recently had a problem. My wife and I raise rabbits for food and we keep them under a car port in an area that is not considered part of the park. We had permission to do this from the managers and there has not been any problems. We share some of the rabbits with those around and supply people with manure for their small gardens. About 3 months ago one of the guys in the park decided to rent a piece of land next to the rabbits and put his RV there. We try to keep the place clean but he put his rig about 10 feet from the car port and well poop smells.

Today he called the health department and they came to inspect our setup. The man who called was a health inspector for many years in this state and I think it was a "professional courtesy" her coming out. I can find no statutes that give her the authority to do what she did and would be interested in any knowledge you may have.

Wagon_Master

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    She said we had to sweep the poop every day. which is unrealistic.My problem is if she had the authority to make the request.

Wagon_Master

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    The regulations she cited almost sounded made up. She said that if animals are in suspended cages they must be cleaned every day. I looked through the LA health and safety statutes and could find nothing about domestic animals. The only statutes I could find were pertaining to animal abuse, these animals are well taken care of. They have to be they are table fare.

Last edited:

Wagon_Master

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Sabine Parish,LA but working under the state I believe. Her card says State of Louisiana.

Last edited:

Saftman

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Lafayette, La.
    Your rabbits were there first. Just like when a neighborhood is incorporated. The existing chickens & horses are grandfathered in but, no new chicken coops can be built. That's my story & I'm sticking to it.

Last edited:

Saftman

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Lafayette, La.
    Your rabbits were there first. Just like when a neighborhood is incorporated. The existing chickens & horses are grandfathered in but, no new chicken coops can be built. That's my story & I'm sticking to it.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Did she give any kind of written warning or any other paperwork ? She might just be doing a favor for a friend and trying to intimidate you .

Wagon_Master

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    I believe I would call and speak to the head guy in the office and ask him about it. I agree with the above assessments, doing a favor for a former work buddy.

I am with you on that. I spoke to a lawyer friend of mine and he said to call and ask her what statute she is acting under. My guess is it does not exist, if that is the case I think my problem will disappear fairly quickly. I believe using your office as intimidation is a serious offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom