Hello from Baton Rouge!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IRDWalrus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2014
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm retired Air Force living in the Baton Rouge area. I currently only own a Glock 27, but have in the past owned a S&W .357, Ruger P89, and Glock 21.

Due to changes in my life and routine, I'm actually going to be selling my Glock in favor of a Mossberg 500 shotgun. I no longer have a need to carry (I rarely leave the house) and now my primary focus will be on home defense.

I hope to pick up some good info while I'm here, and who knows... maybe I can help as well.

-David

IRDWalrus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2014
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thank you, everyone. After some homework, I've decided to keep the G27 (for now) and go with a Mossberg Maverick 88 instead of a 500. I'm already kinda regretting that.

Can anyone tell me where in the BR area there is a shotgun range?. I always took my G27 to Precision. I live in Shenandoah, so I don't think the neighbors would take kindly to backyard plinking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

IRDWalrus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2014
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Actually, there's a pretty good sale on a few-frills 500 (Persuader) at Academy, so I picked one up today. On sale for $319.99. That's substantially lower than on line sites like Bud's and Impact. Now to customize, and choose the load. I was in a hurry, so I just got one box of Winchester PDX1 Defenders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom