Hello From New Member, New Orleans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hpcatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Greater New Orleans Area
    Just wanted to pop in and say my hellos. Recently arrived from Texas (lived there for over a decade) and the folks at TexasCHLForum.com had very complementary things to say about BS. Looking forward to being a member!

Have my Texas CHL and waiting the requires six months to get my Louisiana carry permit. Any tips or bits on nuances of the laws here are welcome. I already miss the very specific signage posting requirements of Texas and not used to the requirement to seek the permission of a property owner before entering a residence, but will adjust. Always been a handgun guy, but recently got my first AR. Also very interested in related topics.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    Welcome from a fellow Big Easy member and a former Texas resident (although I have now been here since 1994 so I am hopelessly a New Orleanian).

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Howdy!

You'll miss your roads too I'm afraid to say :p

Here you'll also enjoy not having to face charges if your shirt-tails rise up and expose you gun :D

BTW what's Texas law on Vehicle Carry? I thought My cousin was saying something about unloaded? or not concealed? He's no firearms guru so I've been meaning to look into it.

Welcome Aboard!

hpcatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Greater New Orleans Area
    BTW what's Texas law on Vehicle Carry? I thought My cousin was saying something about unloaded? or not concealed?
    You can carry loaded in your vehicle, just needs to be concealed. No permit required, as it's treated like an extension of your home. There's even been recent legislation to protect employees when keeping guns in vehicles parked in the lots of anti-2a employers.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Welcome hpcatx:

Gun Show this weekend, in Kenner.

Where are you planning on shooting? I enjoy pistols myself. I like to try to knock down steel plates.

hpcatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Greater New Orleans Area
    Gun Show this weekend, in Kenner.
    Thanks! Didn't realize there was a gun show this weekend. Now planning on going tomorrow!

Where are you planning on shooting?
    I'm not sure, but looking for suggestions. Had a great range in Austin not too far from where I lived that could accommodate both pistol and rifle -- all paper, though; no steel plates.

Top Bottom