Help! I need advice on a scope/reddot for my AR.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    I've been searching on here for a little over 2 hours now, looked elsewhere on the internet for about a week and now I am no closer to an answer than when I started and probably more confused than before. Just in case it makes a difference the rifle is a 1in7 twist 14.7 inch barrel m4 profile. I have a 30-30 for any hunting I do, and I have a sks-m for cheap plinking. The AR is for nothing more than a bad situation/ woods gun for our property in Ms. Nothing more than 150yds would even be remotely thought about, and pin point acccuracy is not all that important if it will connect close enough to get a point accross I'm good with that. I know a red dot is great for quick acquisition, and a scope is good for distance. Hell my sks still wears irons and it shoots very well out to about 100yds for me. I need to stay at or under $200. What can you help me with information wise on magnification, dot sizes, cowitness with the factory front sight post in the way and a rear mbus, heck dang near anything. I've decided that hunting rifles are a lot easier to mess with, less options but one direct mission. Trying to set this thing up for multiple options sucks.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    I think you'd be better off with iron, than a cheap red dot/optic, spend that money on ammo

I'm damn near thinking the same thing. Almost thinking of a good high viz front sight post, and upgrading my rear sight to a good YHM or some other high end, high abuse capable sight and calling it a day.

SpankyS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Sorrento
    I have the bushnell tr 125 , I believe that's the number, on four of my ar until my eotechs come in. But when they do I don't know if I will switch any of them. For $125 it's the best deal out there. It is small and works great. If you want to try them out give me a buzz

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    If an Aimpoint is out of the range you are looking to spend, Primary Arms might be your best bet. And their customer service is second to none.

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    I have the bushnell tr 125 , I believe that's the number, on four of my ar until my eotechs come in. But when they do I don't know if I will switch any of them. For $125 it's the best deal out there. It is small and works great. If you want to try them out give me a buzz

+1 on the bushnell
    You can find these for $70~ on amazon.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Primary Arms just got in some more of their red dots that use AA batteries. You can get that & one of their magnifiers...not super expensive, but not cheap (quality)...then you have a red dot with either a 3x or 6x magnifier. I ordered one of the multi-reticles for my wife's carbine.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    Primary Arms has their Millet DMS for sale at$180. I've beat the hell out of mine this year in 3 gun and its still holding zero. I have the Burris mount on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom