Help me guys. Stolen Gun.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunCracker

Beastmode
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Hey guys,

Last night both of my and my wifes vehicles were broken into. My wifes purse along with her wallet were stolen. My black, generation 2 glock 19 was taken. If ANYBODY tries to sell you a glock 19 FTF or Private sale, please check the serial number. I have the number and its been reported as stolen with the Lafayette P.D. PLEASE , PLEASE keep yalls eyes out. This was my first pistol I ever bought for myself, and its my favorite handgun. It has trijicon nightsites on top, and its in a black leather holster. I'm being realisitic that I will probably never see it again, but Im just gonna take a chance, because you never know.

Keep yalls eyes out, you see this gun, call the cops. Please.

On a related note, dont be like me and my wife, take things for granted since we live in a very nice, upscale neighborhood, and leave your doors unlocked to your vehicles. The cop said they like to troll around neighborhoods on rainy, stormy nights, tugging on door handles. Dont be like me guys.

CC

Last edited:

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    thats a bummer man. and this is also the 3rd or 4th story ive heard on BS about someone leaving their gun in the car and it getting stolen whether it was locked or not. its not a good idea

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    This comment is not meant to attack the OP but if anyone isn't locking their car doors on their own property, whether it's rural or gated community then you're inviting trouble to happen.

Sorry OP, hope it turns up.

CajunCracker

Beastmode
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    I know, Ive felt stupid all day. I always lock my doors when i get out, always. Last night I jumped out quick because it was pissing rain, and forgot to lock either of the vehicles. Its just really stupid. But, hindsight is 20-20. Never again, well, maybe broken into, but no more guns in the center console when Im not in it.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Post the serial number dummy. It's stolen. I'm not going to hunt you down to get if I come across one. make it easy. You think someone's going to "steal" your serial number?

You're in Lafayette, where is there a safe "upscale" neighborhood, that cars wouldn't be in a garage? I'm curious since crime seems to be on the rise in the Acadiana area as of late.

Last edited:

LArifleMAN

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 7, 2006
    Cut Off, LA
    I still haven't gotten all of mine back, and I probably never will. Someone out there has my M92 krink, and my custom 6.5x284 with a USO ST-10, plus some others:mad:

DiggerP

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    I know the police report the missing serial number to the NCIC, but that info is normally only available to LEO's so far as I know.

Have you considered listing the serial number on the main "stole gun serial number" databases out there? I know there are several that come up when you search "stolen gun serial number" on Google. I don't know if those are worth anything, but I check them occasionally and any extra chance might help.

Just a thought.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I'm looking to buy a G19 so I'll be in contact with a lot of people selling them, I'll ask for a serial on every one offered to me. All black and Gen 2 gotcha.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Sorry for hitting the panic button. I was about 10 min too quick. Cops found it. I removed the serial when they called. Thanks for the help anyways!

Phew. Congrats!

There were a number of firearms stolen from vehicles on my parent's street in Metairie not too long ago. I wish they were only as lucky as you with getting them back.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    Hey guys,

Last night both of my and my wifes vehicles were broken into. My wifes purse along with her wallet were stolen. My black, generation 2 glock 19 was taken. If ANYBODY tries to sell you a glock 19 FTF or Private sale, please check the serial number. I have the number and its been reported as stolen with the Lafayette P.D. PLEASE , PLEASE keep yalls eyes out. This was my first pistol I ever bought for myself, and its my favorite handgun. It has trijicon nightsites on top, and its in a black leather holster. I'm being realisitic that I will probably never see it again, but Im just gonna take a chance, because you never know.

Keep yalls eyes out, you see this gun, call the cops. Please.

On a related note, dont be like me and my wife, take things for granted since we live in a very nice, upscale neighborhood, and leave your doors unlocked to your vehicles. The cop said they like to troll around neighborhoods on rainy, stormy nights, tugging on door handles. Dont be like me guys.

CC

Glad you got your weapon back. Question if you don't mind. What area of town do you live in? I know it can happen in any neighborhood, but since I live in Lafayette also I am curious.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom