Help Offered in BR Area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If anyone can posts links / contact info to places that need help, I am sure many of us able bodied guys would love to go offer a hand.

Austin

jussaddwata

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Prairieville
    Celtic Media Center behind Costco on airline hwy has open their doors for a shelter they are looking for Volunteers plus bulk food, water, toiletries.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Celtic Media Center behind Costco on airline hwy has open their doors for a shelter they are looking for Volunteers plus bulk food, water, toiletries.

What do they need volunteers to do? I'm interested.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    And I'll go a step further. If a bayoushooter family with Children need a place to crash cause there flooded let me know. I've got air matresses and y'all can have the living room floor. It ain't much but it's all I can offer.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    What do they need volunteers to do? I'm interested.
    If you are into animals rather than people then spend some time at the pet area. Think of your pet then multiply that by a 1,000 or so. Kennels to be cleaned. Food to be distributed. Assisting the owners however you can. Taking the dog for a walk can free the owner to take care of more pressing issues.

On the people side how about assembling cots, distributing blankets and pillows. Feeding would probably be handled by the Red Cross but assistance is appreciated in toting and hauling all the stuff needed to keep a few thousand displaced individuals alive and their spirits up. Like kids? Then assist in organizing games and activities to keep them occupied while mom and dad take a break from the stress of being instantly homeless and trying to figure out what the next step is.

If you are a amateur radio operator then the Red Cross needs you. Got an email that operators are needed to man the shelters. Since conventional communications systems are down the hams are stepping in to make that happen. [tech_stuff]The repeater network for the most part is operational. One is down and another has reduced sensitivity. Otherwise operational. Comms are done on 2m and 70cm and best if done with a 50w mobile as base rig. PM me for more details.[/tech_stuff]

Having volunteered during Katrina I can say to just show up. You'll be put to work.

Top Bottom