Henry or Marlin

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    So,I want to buy an inexpensive but good .22 rifle to have tons of fun with...something with a tube magazine. It's either the Marlin model 60 or the Henry standard in .22 or .22 magnum. What do ya'll recommend? I know there are tons of 10/22 shooters out there and I own one. But,I don't want to deal with mags and options to outfit a rifle. I just want a plain Jane iron sights good ol' .22 rifle. So,what do ya'll think?

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Henry .22, b/c it will feed every kind of bullet and ammo (CB, shorts, longs, snake shot). I bought one a few months ago and absolutely love it. It has become one of my favorites. It is also deadly accurate.

A5Mag12

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    La-Tx
    For a fairly accurate plinker or hunting .22 that's fun to shoot it's hard to beat the Marlin 60. Whether in the lower priced Glenfield models or the name brand Marlins they are great little guns.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    Cujo, I bought a new Marlin/Glenfield Model 60 back in 1980, and it has so many thousands of rounds thru it, I couldn't even ponder how many. It is very, very accurate, and with good ammo(stay away from the mega box stuff), like stingers, or velocitors, it runs smoothly. All my kids learned to shoot with it, and now my grandkids will as well. Any day you want to see it, let me know and I'll bring it in to work.

A do like the Henry rifles, but have never owned one so I don't want to comment on them.

Seems you have a couple of quandries.........good luck.

Top Bottom