Here's the pics.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    I sure would like to know what the name of the insurance company is that sells homeowners policies that sell policies that will cover a boat, truck,atv, etc. that gets damaged on said property.
    Your neighbor has a liability policy that pays for things they are liable for. The tree falling was not their fault (unless it was rotten). Therefore their insurance won't pay.
    Your homeowners insurance has a limit for the size boat it will cover spelled out in the policy. Its often 25hp or under. If your agent knew you had a boat he shoudl have encouraged you to insure it. He could probably tell you on what date he offered it to you if he keeps good records. I'm sure you've taken the time to review all of your insurance with your agent. If you didn't then you're passing on an important feature of having an agent.
    None of that makes it a scam.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    I have been following this thread expecting bad news for you. I think the only way to hold a landowner responsible is to send them a registered letter notifying them of a hazardous tree. Even with that you may have to file suit with no immediate reimbursement.
    Sorry this didn't pan out for you. Makes me glad I live on 6 acres.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    I have heard that this will work from others but u will probably wind up suing the neibor and losing him as a friend. if he is. If he is not
    GO FOR IT.
    I have been following this thread expecting bad news for you. I think the only way to hold a landowner responsible is to send them a registered letter notifying them of a hazardous tree. Even with that you may have to file suit with no immediate reimbursement.
    Sorry this didn't pan out for you. Makes me glad I live on 6 acres.

Top Bottom