High capicity .45

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPS

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2014
    Port Vincent, Louisiana
    Ive been looking at getting another .45 mainly for targets and to have as a backup while hunting. Ive narrowed it down to 3 that I think would work as Im wanting high capacity.
    1. Glock g41
    2. FNX .45 (not tactical although I want one)
    3. Springfield XDM 5.25 or the 4.5

Im trying to keep the price below $1000 so that's why the HK is not in there and I found the FNX for $739 on the web. So what is yalls input on these guns Im going to try and look at them sometime this week and see which one feel better in my hands but would like a honest comparison of them first. Im not ruling out other brands these are just the ones that appealed to me so if you have another one to offer please post it up.

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    FNX 45 gets my vote. If the glock was as thin as the FN, that would change my mind. Springfield gets a thumb down from me because of its design. Why would you be able to put the pistol together with certain parts installed backwards is beyond me.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    FNX 45 gets my vote. If the glock was as thin as the FN, that would change my mind. Springfield gets a thumb down from me because of its design. Why would you be able to put the pistol together with certain parts installed backwards is beyond me.

Isn't the FN45 about a quarter of an inch thicker than the Gen 4 21? I seem to remember my FN being thicker than my 3rd gen 21SF

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I preferred my glock over the FN, it was a LOT more reliable. The FN will most likely have feeding issues with FMJ, especially Winchester white box.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have a FNP tactical, with ZERO issues with any ammo I've used (federal, WWB, Aguila, remington, reloads) either suppressed or unsuppressed... You can find an FNX for 999 when it's on sale.

Ferrara Fire

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Sig 227 and Para 14.45 are great options. The New Para's are nice an tight, have a $100 rebate going on right now and have a lifetime warranty. The FNX tactical is also pretty cool, I like how the Sig feels better in MY hands, but you might like the FNX better.

jvr

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    new orleans
    g41 but if it was for back up hunting g20. 10mm round is impressive. imo it is hard to beat a glock. (except they have never been pretty)

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Never had an issue with any ammo including wwb

They may have fixed it, but even FN admitted it was a problem. They blamed it on cheap FMJ rounds being made too long and getting stuck in the magazines. It was the exact issue I was having with mine.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Ive been looking at getting another .45 mainly for targets and to have as a backup while hunting. Ive narrowed it down to 3 that I think would work as Im wanting high capacity.
    1. Glock g41
    2. FNX .45 (not tactical although I want one)
    3. Springfield XDM 5.25 or the 4.5

Im trying to keep the price below $1000 so that's why the HK is not in there and I found the FNX for $739 on the web. So what is yalls input on these guns Im going to try and look at them sometime this week and see which one feel better in my hands but would like a honest comparison of them first. Im not ruling out other brands these are just the ones that appealed to me so if you have another one to offer please post it up.

Number One G41.

LPS

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2014
    Port Vincent, Louisiana
    Thanks for all the responses now y'all really have me thinking ima have to really look at the glock an the FNX I'll check out the sig while I'm at it I've just never really been a sig fan of course the only pistol I've shot of there's is the mosquito an it felt like it was going to fall apart in my hands. Also where would you be able to look at the para I've never seen one on the shelf but I've never really looked either.

Top Bottom