High Points Shooting Grounds in NOLA - just looking for a little info

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    I'm hoping to make time to shoot a round of sporting clays there this weekend, and I was wondering if there was anything in particular I should know. In particular, I read online they require the use of their ammo - do they have a selection? My auto isn't a fan of light loads, and I would hate to go out there with a makeshift single action. Also, does your group pull for itself from electric machines, or does someone walk around with you and do manual throwers or what?

Thanks in advance!

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    Welcome aboard. I've never shot there before but I beleive they're south of Belle Chasse if I remember correctly. I've tried shooting there a couple of times and found they're goofing around with their hours... Not sure what's going on.

I'm sure they have the standard loads including 1 1/8oz loads. If you're auto does not like light loads have you tried a tighter choke to create more back pressure? I know that's not the ideal solution...

I've never shot sporting slays there but there's also Tallow Creek in Covington. They're kinda pricey on the other clay sports but you can supply your own ammo.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    I have been there a few times but I do not recall having to shoot there ammo. I could be mistaken. They let you do your own thing also, no thrower boy or anything.

They have switched management as well and having seen both the old and the new people running it, the quality of the place has risen.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Welcome aboard. I've never shot there before but I beleive they're south of Belle Chasse if I remember correctly. I've tried shooting there a couple of times and found they're goofing around with their hours... Not sure what's going on.

I'm sure they have the standard loads including 1 1/8oz loads. If you're auto does not like light loads have you tried a tighter choke to create more back pressure? I know that's not the ideal solution...

I've never shot sporting slays there but there's also Tallow Creek in Covington. They're kinda pricey on the other clay sports but you can supply your own ammo.

I've only used modified and skeet, and the FTE issues came up with modified. I'm far from great and would rather not handicap myself much more than modified ;) 1 1/8 cycles flawlessly with either choke. I've shot tallow a few times and enjoy it, it's just much further and I'm in a time crunch just looking for some quick fun. I'll call in advance to see if they'll be open, thanks for the heads up.

I have been there a few times but I do not recall having to shoot there ammo. I could be mistaken. They let you do your own thing also, no thrower boy or anything.

They have switched management as well and having seen both the old and the new people running it, the quality of the place has risen.

Thanks for the info, I'll bring my own ammo and hope for the best. And good news about no thrower boy, I much rather just be with me and mine.

Thank you both again

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom