HK need info

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Also, if you buy an HK, make sure it is a LEM trigger equipped gun (at the very least try both their SA/DA and LEM side by side). The DA trigger pull is abominable on their SA/DA pistols. They might be fine for someone who has a massive amount of training on one ---I'm not talking about I was issued a M9 type of training, either--- so be wary of that.

HK has not imported any LEM P30L without a safety, so it's a no-go if you want to use it in competitions (production division) without having to sweep a safety. HK got it right the first time with the safety-less LEM. Why it's on the long slides is a mystery so far.

Last edited:

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have 3, a p7, usp hydrid (combat competition) trigger w safety selector, and a usp lem, all 9mm. My hybrid started life as a v1, and I had hk convert it last year. I prefer the fullsize usp and hk45 because they fit my grip very well, I like the p2000sk as well, just haven't been able to find one to buy in v1. The p7 is fun and ready neat, and shoots incredibly well, but they can be pricey.

Either lem or combat competition trigger groups would suit pretty much anybody, very nice triggers, I personally don't like the standard v1 trigger on the usp now that I have the other setups, but before the change it was fine for me, just a bit stiff in da. What else do you want to know?

Last edited:

thomjb

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Southern IN
    P30 fits my hand the best, but my EDC is a P2000 LEM in 9mm. Tried the P2000SK, but the grip was just to short for me.
    HK's always work, at least IMHO. Best Wishes on your quest.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I connect the dots at 10yds, and I'm a terrible shot. Yes its worth the price, there are a few other brands that have intrigued me, but after shooting hk's, I can't bring myself to take a step down.

JDaviz

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Hammond
    ^^^ This. I've heard this question come up many times before and this is probably the best answer I've seen yet.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The "shot paterns" depend entirely on the person pulling the trigger. HKs have more inherent accuracy than most. Rest assured that any HK will shoot straighter than you can hold it.

Worth the price? Again, that's up to you. Why do folks drive (and pay for) beemers and other big-buck european cars when a Yugo or Chevrolet will provide more than adequate transportation? HKs have panache, class, style, whatever you want to call a level of quality that puts them a step above the average tool. Many folks scoff at this, and that is their priviledge. Glocks, M&Ps, Serbo Croat Specials, and a few other brands of perfectly good pistols exist to satisfy the masses... and the haters.

I was waiting for you to chime in on this one lol

^^He is my reference for how consistent I can shoot. Note I said consistent, not accurate lol. I won't hit where I'm aiming but I can easily hit the same spot several times lol

jackthewack18

Wish i was Shooting
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Lafayette La
    My mistake i should have asked if it was capable of competition shooting sorry guys im new to this but am growing more interested in guns and shooting by the day. And Ryan i am not that good a shot as well i just hope to be some day it is only my first year hope it will be improved next year. oh and can anyone tell me why my rifle accuracy has increased dramatically and my pistol accuracy has not seemed to increase at all.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Imho, they are fairly unrelated shooting methods. Pistols require more muscle support and rifles require more breathing control and bone support. I am very comfortable with rifles, and far more confident than I am with pistols. I just set my bone super, sight alignment, sight picture, breathing control, and slow steady squeeze, boom, dead target.

If you want a USP 9mm, lem, w/night sights, let me know, I have an extra with all of 15rds fired through it, and I'll make you a god deal

Last edited:

biggin215

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    hksucks3.jpg

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Backwards loading is a long running joke for hk. That brochure was done by an ad firm, and they released it late, causing hk to receive them at the shot show, and thus unvieling it in all its glory

JumpmanUSC

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 23, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    jumpman i would like to know what you know about the guns and personal opinions. thank you Tulse i will definitely take that into consideration.

I have shot all three, though I only own the USP. In fact, I own a USPC9 and USPC45 Tac. Like what most have said, I would definitely consider a version with the LEM trigger. My personal hangup about getting the HK45 and P30 is that I would also have to buy barrels for them to mount the cans on ;)

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I have shot all three, though I only own the USP. In fact, I own a USPC9 and USPC45 Tac. Like what most have said, I would definitely consider a version with the LEM trigger. My personal hangup about getting the HK45 and P30 is that I would also have to buy barrels for them to mount the cans on ;)

For the P30 you'd have to have one made by a company like Tornado Tech. Stinks. There ain't no OEM.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom