HK Tactical

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

Lurking
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I'm about to make my last handgun purchase for a while and was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the HK Tactical 9 and .45. I know 9mm is much cheaper but are there any other pros/cons about the different calibers? Which one would be better for resale if need be. Would it be better to wait for the HK45 tactical to come out? Thanks for the opinions in advance.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I'm going to wade in on this. Don't wait on a HK45 tactical. If there were going to be one you would have seen it at Shot Show.

Your options are buy an HK45 and an HK threaded barrel (expensive option)

or

buy the USP 45 Tactical. Don't buy the 9. They throw you a free thread protector but you lose the match trigger. The match trigger is the only HK trigger I find enjoyable. I would go for the Tactical 45. I have a Tactical and combat tactical and am in the process of getting a Mark 23.

Or get the HK45 and buy the barrel and convert it. They already have an o-ring barrel so its not a huge deal.

Unless I missed the HK45 Tactical at Shot, I don't think you'll see one this year.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Are you planning to actually thread something onto the barrel besides a thread protector? If you seriously plan to add a silencer at some point you have bigger questions to ask us (like, which HK is best to suppress?).

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I have seen the all the tacticals in general take large hits in value on resells. I believe the market is smaller for the tactical so it makes it harder to sell. I bought my USP CT with raised Novak sights for $1100 last year and have seen the identical package sell for $850 used since then.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Yeah if you aren't going to use the threaded barrel go see which one feels better in your hand. I personally would go with the HK45 if I were you and didn't need the threaded barrel.

Best deal would be to find a NIB that was on the shelf before the January price increase at HK.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheMadKing504
    Top Bottom