Holster needed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbeaux82

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Natchitoches, LA
    I have a Sig 1911 with a Streamlight TLR-2 light/laser combo. I simply have not been able to find a holster to fit it? Any suggestions or will I have to go for a custom made holster?

Thanks

Jimbeaux

Jimbeaux82

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Natchitoches, LA
    No, outside carry. It is simply too big a weapon for comfortable CC. I use it as my home defense weapon and that is why I have the light and laser combo on it. I just want a good outside holster and belt combo

lajeeper

heartless conservative
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    BR
    check out raven concealment holsters at http://ravenconcealment.com/

Order them at http://www.themalabarfront.com/

They have a good selection of models both with and without a light attached. I currently carry a full sized 1911 with an aftermarket Surefire rail and TLR-1, and this holster is top notch. Another benefit is that the holster is modular in the sense that with different hardware, you can make the holster IWB or OWB. They also regularly do custom orders if you are concerned (mine was due to the aftermarket light rail).

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I am in no kind of way or shape trying to put Raven Concealment down, we all know there are A++ when it comes to quality and durability, keep in mind there is a 3 month waiting time on those items.

Shaping kydex is super easy and something that you can do at the comfort of your home if you have a model to copy from even better, you can buy the attachments from diferent companies online and have a custom holster for your weapon and light.

www.knifekits.com is the place where I usually get my kydex from, they also sell the rivets and other things you might need.

You might want to pm LSP I know at some point he had mentioned about a holster maker in the BR area that custom builds products both in leather and kydex, that might be also another option as well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom