Holsters and CHP on the way(knock on wood)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Presenting the pistol; i.e., how to draw from a holster and place accurate fire on a target. Such is not part of the CCW "training" curriculum.

gotcha. luckily enough theres at least one guy I know who has been kind enough to impart drawstroke knowledge. but as you said, that didn't happen in my chp class, training would be a stretch. I think some chp instructors would agree. merely a platform for more learning I guess.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    gotcha. luckily enough theres at least one guy I know who has been kind enough to impart drawstroke knowledge. but as you said, that didn't happen in my chp class, training would be a stretch. I think some chp instructors would agree. merely a platform for more learning I guess.

Hopefully your CHP instructor explained that merely taking a CHP class doesn't remotely prepare one to carry a loaded weapon in public.

You should look seriously into taking a defensive handgun class. There are several world class instructors within ~ 5-6 hours driving distance of Baton Rouge, some of whom travel to Baton Rouge on occasion and conduct training classes.

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    my chp instructor stressed that with every breath. I have had some other instruction but I look forward to more. Always looking for a student discount or
    gomez's awesome freebie classes.
    fingersx.gif
    and I practice everyday :D

update: still waiting on belt, holster and chp...patiently
    holster estimated 3 weeks, which is tomorrow, so gettin nervous

Last edited:

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Permit received. 50 days. Haven't shot my carry gun in 5 wks as of Friday - waiting on the holster. Need it to get my holster to fit my belt size. But the place with the best price on the belt I want is OoS. miss my gun.

Anyway, :thumbsup:

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Permit received. 50 days. Haven't shot my carry gun in 5 wks as of Friday - waiting on the holster. Need it to get my holster to fit my belt size. But the place with the best price on the belt I want is OoS. miss my gun.

Anyway, :thumbsup:

sweet dude I just read this and I turned mine in a day after yours so I went and checked the mail. Mine came today too! woot. Two 21 years old in one day.:)

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    sweet. looking at a LCP hard right now. thinking about a single stack subcomp 9mm as well though. possibly a snub .38. I am already reloading 9 and 38 so those choices appeal to me.
    nice gun!

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    sweet. looking at a LCP hard right now. thinking about a single stack subcomp 9mm as well though. possibly a snub .38. I am already reloading 9 and 38 so those choices appeal to me.
    nice gun!

Yea im looking at a .38 as well probably will be a S&W 642 or 442 and I want a springfield emp in 9mm too eventually. But right now im trying to fund a silencer that that will have to wait awhile. Dont know if I trust the .380 that much but the LCP is really small and light should be very nice to carry on the days im at work climbing in and out of attics.

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    there's an lcp in my apartment for sale so that's why I am thinkn about it. It would be a BUG so the back pocket carry option is cool. I think a .38 would print a lot more.
    Good luck with the suppressor!

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    there's an lcp in my apartment for sale so that's why I am thinkn about it. It would be a BUG so the back pocket carry option is cool. I think a .38 would print a lot more.
    Good luck with the suppressor!

Yep my LCP is going to be a BUG to during winter when im wearing heavir clothing. I have no way to conceal it during the summer though most of the time in my line of work. The .38 would defiantly print more but it has it advantages as well.

Thanks it will be my first class III item, cant wait.

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    A++

Summary: Got holster from RM holsters and belt. Both awesome. Very happy with the entire process and am carrying by my estimated date! Looking forward to more training, shooting, and learning :D

Got my holsters from Jeff at RM holsters yesterday. AWESOME! I was thoroughly impressed at the craftsmanship and pride put into my holsters. Having never had an IWB holster before I don't have basis for comparison but I can say that I will not be looking for another holster any time soon. I also received a bedside holster which is awesome as well. Both holsters are easy to draw from, sturdy, and offer perfect retention - just like flipping a light switch.
    The only issue is that because of my daily schedule, I often enter "fairy tale" zones. The empty holster is a bit uncomfortable to wear. I fidget with it to try to find a comfortable position while sitting, but again, only when its empty. This could be attributed to my physique :p
    Will post future experiences with RM holster

Also, Baton Rouge Police Supply was a great place to shop. Very helpful and insightful. I decide to buy a 5.11 belt there instead of fussing with buying a wilderness instructor online as I always end up having to return things for a different size. So for a few bucks less, I got the belt form BRPS and am very happy with it. Don't know why, but the belt seems bigger than in the store and the excess ends up right under my holster(@3:15) and the velcro is almost maxed out. This makes for a loose belt when gunless. I'll give it a few more days and I may downgrade a size.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom