HOMOCAUST - Clash of the BS I-Titans!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    And of course the BSA will stick to it's rules... or maybe they'll cave again -- hence, the unravelling.

So the starting of unraveling is based on something that hasn't happened yet and you aren't sure is going to happen at all? You may be confusing future possibilities are current facts.

Last edited:

gunslinger06

Never go to BR/NO
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Leesville,LA
    Exactly!

If (and it is an infinitely big if), BSA starts caving to teaching anything other than what they teach now, they're done!

Rest easy, Pmaker! It ain't gonna happen!

First off I am not a Scout. I'm not a veterinarian either-but I know horse crap when I smell it.

I'm afraid you are wrong. Now that gays are allowed there will have to be training on how to deal with gay scouts. That training must include the assertion that homosexuality is OK and equivalent to heterosexuality. Make no mistake, groups aren't spending millions of dollars on this so some kids can go scouting. They are spending it to normalize the gay lifestyle. The BSA isn't making this move to be inclusive because they think its morally right. If that was the case they could have done it years ago. They are doing it because they believe the organization will be better off financially (new donors avoidance of lawsuits) and will give them a better image.
    Concerning the "morally strait" portion of the pledge- I don't think it is as pertinent to the gay issue as doing "my duty to God". The Bible, despite what some would like to say, is crystal clear on homosexuality. It's an abomination. If you seedling your best to be loyal to God, you are not promoting something as good that He clearly says is evil.
    From a strictly secular and pragmatic standpoint- I wouldn't allow a my 11year old daughter to camp with a young man. For the same reason,I would not allow my son to camp with a gay scout leader. Maybe those leaders wouldn't do a thing- but am I going to risk the safety of my child on it? Not a chance. Its not hate, it's common sense. It's protecting my kids.

In the end, its their right to decide what goes on in their organization. I for o.e wouldn't consider signing my kids up.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Dammit. I'm going to get myself sucked into this abyss again

"my duty to God". The Bible, despite what some would like to say, is crystal clear on homosexuality. It's an abomination. If you seedling your best to be loyal to God, you are not promoting something as good that He clearly says is evil.

I never realized every religion stuck to the Bible

From a strictly secular and pragmatic standpoint- I wouldn't allow a my 11year old daughter to camp with a young man. For the same reason,I would not allow my son to camp with a gay scout leader. Maybe those leaders wouldn't do a thing- but am I going to risk the safety of my child on it? Not a chance. Its not hate, it's common sense. It's protecting my kids.

Newsflash - if they're in the closet, you'll never know and will not have the opportunity to object

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Dammit. I'm going to get myself sucked into this abyss again

I never realized every religion stuck to the Bible

Newsflash - if they're in the closet, you'll never know and will not have the opportunity to object

Bama fan. :rolleyes:

:dogkeke:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    3oo4gf.jpg

alabama-meme-generator-but-but-not-fair-a-m-aa218f.jpg

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    ...You may be confusing future possibilities are current facts.

No, I don't think I'm confusing anything. BSA for years had a policy of no gays; they caved due to political correctness. Now BSA says its policy is no scouts in uniform at gay pride events. It's not so difficult to foresee what will probably eventually happen.

FWIW, I was a scout 50(+) yrs ago and loved the experience.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Was it "political correctness" that enabled women to finally exercise their right to vote for their representatives?

If so, I like political correctness.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Was it "political correctness" that enabled women to finally exercise their right to vote for their representatives?

If so, I like political correctness.

This. What about the African Americans too? We keep going full circle. The bigotry and stigmatisms are absolutely abhorring. Quit being afraid of 2013.

Geardo

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Carencro
    I can't say I care.

Either fit in with society's popular views, or they have no reason to cater to ya. S'how a free world works.

Personally, I'm happy to see discrimination/bigotry go away, any time.

We should always discriminate against evil people

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    No, I don't think I'm confusing anything. BSA for years had a policy of no gays; they caved due to political correctness. Now BSA says its policy is no scouts in uniform at gay pride events. It's not so difficult to foresee what will probably eventually happen.

FWIW, I was a scout 50(+) yrs ago and loved the experience.

Can you show their decision was based on attempting to conform to political correctness, as opposed to doing research, realizing sexual orientation doesn't mean anything to their orginization and acting accordingly?

Women voting is not a sin. :rolleyes: Good try at confusing the subject though.

And the boys scouts aren't a Christian organization, what is a sin in Christianity should be irrelevant to how their organization is ran. He isn't confusing the situation, you are attempting to insert the morals of Christianity into a discussion where Christianity doesn't have any real input.

We should always discriminate against evil people

So you believe gays are evil?

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Can you show their decision was based on attempting to conform to political correctness, as opposed to doing research, realizing sexual orientation doesn't mean anything to their orginization and acting accordingly?

And the boys scouts aren't a Christian organization, what is a sin in Christianity should be irrelevant to how their organization is ran. He isn't confusing the situation, you are attempting to insert the morals of Christianity into a discussion where Christianity doesn't have any real input.

So you believe gays are evil?

Ok let's make it simpler. Most morals have a sin equivalent. So when I post using the word sin take it as morals. I have already agreed BS was designed to teach morals and is not a Christian organization. Scripture says the sin of homosexuality is evil.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom