Honey Island First-timer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    Went out to Honey Island Sunday to break in my Yugo M70AB2 underfolder AK. The rifle line was long so we went to the pistol range. I still need some work with the double action first shot on my SW99.*
    After about a 30min wait, it was time. I didn't set up targets and "set my sights" on the steel plates. I don't think I hit it. I was shooting high. Still trying to figure out the sight alignment and adjustments.
    We only put about 100 rounds through it but I love it. I'm sure I'll love it more once I start hitting my target. The recoil wasn't bad. Successive shots felt controllable. The folding stock wasn't uncomfortable.
    Midcity50470119 and I also broke out his TriStar Cobra 12ga. My first time with a shotgun. Nice! The target loads were very manageable once I got a proper grip. The slugs were a little stronger.*
    All in all, the most shooting fun I've had in my brief experience. I'm definitely bringing more ammo next time. Great people out there too (range officers and patrons). See yall in a month or so.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Sounds like a good time, we went out there saturday afternoon. You would know it if you hit the plate, you can hear it ping.

oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    I was out there Sunday evening too probably around 12:30-2:00. Brought out my new Daewoo DR200 and my Sage equipped Springfield M1a. I haven't been out there in a while but was able to go out there and let loose the mother load. Your right it was packed out there. Seemed like everyone and their grandmaw had an AR-15 or some sort of black rifle.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Saturdays are usually less crowded, Sunday is pointless unless you get there before 9:30 or so.

All this talk has inspired me...I'll be there Saturday. :D

Ben Draughn

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Hickory LA
    the wife and i was out there sunday also over on the 25yard line had some friends with us all for the first time also will be back soon the wife liked her new 740 slim just need some more time with it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom