How fearful would people around you be if they knew you were carrying ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    Would hope that the city council docked that council member for leaving/missing a council meeting. Wish I could have seen the begging of the council meeting seems that lots of people shared the councilmans fear of being attacked by a veteran.

The mayor is bad ass

Last edited:

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I'm guessing that the councel members who voted nay all had guns under their jackets. I'm a bit surprised that Washington State doesn't prohibit carry in government buildings like LA does.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That was funny, but it was the Q&A portion of the agenda, and no one else wanted to say anything when asked; soon after was going to be motion to adjourn, anyway.

That Council member that whined, was the classic example of the kind of holier-than-thou douche that spoils freedom and liberty for everyone.

If you follow that jerkoff, I bet he has someone introduce Legislation up there to restrict armed citizens from the Council chamber.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Living in WA state we have some of the best firearms laws( or lack of restrictions) only complaint I have is not being able to get most NFA items, but conceal carry is allowed in stadiums, allowed everywhere but a bar (always posted too), we can carry in government building besides the courthouses, and we has a state preemption that says that you cannot restrict that! WA also has 1 in 10 citizens with a CPL the highest rate in the U.S. also we have some of the lowest crime rates too go figure... but I am leaving this state and will see you all in LA in a few days!

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    I'll copy the words of another member and 2nd that the Mayor is a Bad Ass. Bravo to him, and I hope the other 2 council members that voted yeh get tossed out.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Hooray for the Mayor. He was awesome.

But... I'm not sure if I would announce to a room in that situation if I was carrying. Yes, it put the Mayor and City Council on record for their views. But personally, even though I myself conceal carry, it would make me nervous and uncomfortable to be seated next to someone that announces it during the meeting. I don't know this guy. I don't know if he's crazy, or what his agenda is. To me, most CCing folks are quiet about it.

In short I don't know if I would have stuck around either. Knowing he has a gun, fine. Watching him bring attention to himself - not so much...

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, now that Councilman Kojak has left the room and exposed himself are the most-likely candidate for 'Dirtiest Politician In Town'......:doh: :dogkeke:

Cpt. Obvious

not so newbie
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    West Bank/Algiers, LA
    Hey sportsbud, pre-emptive welcome! I grew up in seattle, lived down here 4 years now, love it!

Yeah, quite a few carry up thar, most of my friends there were surprised I didn't!

As liberal as washington may seem, it's only Seattle, and to some extent Tacoma and Olympia that make it seem so. The gun laws there, NFA weapons excluded, are quite unrestrictive, it was nice. Glad I live in a mostly "free" state now!

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    The mayor was exactly correct: douchebag liberals that think "if i cant have it my way I don't want to be here" are the problem with american politics. The city attorney already stated that it wouldnt be legal, and the jerk dismissed himself anyway. (Id assume, out of embarassment)

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Follow up to story!!

Now THIS is what I call "taking back city hall"! :cheers:

Power To The People, Baby. :bravo:

Kind of long- but great to see people ACTUALLY REMINDING their public officials who they work for. Good for them! :cheers:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I also found it interesting that KOMO saw fit to follow up their report on this with a story involving a gunrunning arrest. ;)

Top Bottom