How good is the SR9 anyway?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Well,I've managed to now have 2 Glocks and I've gotten an offer to trade my 3rd gen G19 for a brand new SR9. Now,I like the SR9 just fine cuz it feels good to hold,but is it really all that it's cracked up to be? We're sort of talkin bout apples to apples......sort of. Should I venture into the SR9 or not even bother? My other Glock is a 2nd gen G17,but I also like compactness of the 19. Actually,they're almost the same size. The SR9 is thinner,though. So,what do ya'll think? I know it's a personal thing,but that's what these forums are for,right? Sometimes we all second guess ourselves and we need intervention to either do the right thing or sway a decision.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    While I can not directly comment on the SR9.... hopefully you've checked out nutnfancy's comments on the pistol.

Tabletop review:
    [YOUTUBE]IpTaV3A2jIE[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]zfW0YR0yD2k[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]TzNxlmA2iT4[/YOUTUBE]

Shooting:
    [YOUTUBE]gEUE5k0RJCo[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]eDrh8puSi-k[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]uiMavhQ7OAo[/YOUTUBE]

jesse

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Mandeville
    I own (and carry) a Ruger, so this is not a slap on them but why would someone trade a Glock even money for a Ruger?

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Thanks for the vids,Homeslice. Very informative...deidn't even know those vids were out there. BTW Jesse,know one said anything about even money...just a comparison for now.

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    I had one for a while. I didnt like the trigger, so I got an M&P Pro. The gun was extremely comfortable though, and never had any failures.

archull

indifferent
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Personally, I wanted to get a Ruger SR9 until I handled one. The trigger is DAO which I am not a fan of and it didn't feel right in my hand. Its reliable like pretty much every Ruger is but it wasn't for me. I got a Sig instead and I don't regret it at all but thats kinda like comparing apples to oranges.

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    I don't see any sr9's for sale on BS so they gotta be doing something right.

That's probably because nobody was dumb enough to buy them in the first place. :rofl:

Seriously, though, I've played with and shot one. Liked how slim it was, didn't like the trigger. I suppose it's an alright pistol if you get one of the post recall units, but I wouldn't trade a Glock for one (and I don't like glocks, BTW).

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Baton Rouge, La
    I own an SR9, and I've put about 1K rounds through it so far. I wanted a G19, but the grip was a little off for my hands, especially the Gen 3. Personally, I think it's a wonderful gun, but finding holster for it requires some work.

And BTW, the trigger is NOT DAO....

Stacey

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    I own (and carry) a Ruger, so this is not a slap on them but why would someone trade a Glock even money for a Ruger?

Not in a million years.

Ruger centerfire semi-auto's have always had an EXTREMELY poor resale value, atleast for their P-series of guns. Good guns, but nothing compared to a Block.

DAVE

Top Bottom