How is this possible?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    I believe you are correct sir. The DA of Nola was giving everyone a Get out of jail Free card. If you surrendered your firearm the charges would be dropped. The best one was a guy was carrying a “Machine Gun” and the charges were dropped.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    My big question is what is the history of this pistol???? was it stolen and not reported???? was it stolen and reported stolen???? Where did this pistol come from???? Person not old enough to have a CHP !!! Not old enough to legally purchase from a store!!! Was it purchased from a face to face transaction??? Was it a gift from someone??? And Will we every be told the truth and the whole truth??? I highly dought the real truth will come out with every limp wristed person in the judicical system not charging and swift prosecuting and proper sentencing without "good time".......And last but not least with the person in question is a LSU Athelete on the foot ball team and considered a "star player".... And LSU sure is not talking at this time.. Wonder why !! Will he be disiciplined properly or probably just given a slap on the wrist and told to "go forth and sin no more".... Just my 2 cents. .................................................. drill sgt.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    is it not 21 to legally purchase? I may be wrong, but I was under the impression younger can legally own one gifted. If that’s not the case, lord help us. Anyway, back to the story…

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    18-20 can get a CHL in Texas. I’m 100% for this. If not they shouldn’t be allowed to vote, serve in the military…etc it’s still crazy they can’t purchase the handgun but can get a CHL and carry one with or without a CHL open or concealed.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    So when I was 14 and carrying a 22 revolver while squirrel hunting it was illegal to do so?
    14 I’d imagine so unless you were supervised by the adult owner. If you were 18 it wouldn’t have been an issue so long as you weren’t illegally concealing it. If I’m wrong someone please correct me but this is how I understand it.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    14 I’d imagine so unless you were supervised by the adult owner. If you were 18 it wouldn’t have been an issue so long as you weren’t illegally concealing it. If I’m wrong someone please correct me but this is how I understand it.
    I am 42 and have been hunting by myself since I was 11. My Dad instilled gun safety into me pretty much since my birth.

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    With a parents consent, a child can posses and carry a gun legally in the State of La. A friend of mine that lives in the middle of NOWHERE made up dog tags with a statement of consent for his daughters to wear. Those girls were armed anytime they left the house to explore the woods around their place.
    As for purchasing, it is my understanding that it is perfectly legal for me to sell a handgun to an 18 year old La. resident unless I have knowledge that they are prohibited for some reason.

Carrying concealed with no permit in New Orleans? I am not encouraging anyone to violate any law, but I would have zero desire to see anyone arrested or prosecuted for that. No way I would go there without a gun on me.

FOR THE RECORD - I am not an attorney. I did not even sleep at a Holiday Inn last night!

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Just stating that I have hunting and carrying guns since a very young age. I was not the only kid doing this when I was young. Just seems strange to me.
    Exactly. Just like every other gun law. They don’t actually do anything to protect anyone or keep anyone safe. This is a prime example of all gun laws being an infringement. Imagine being arrested at 16 or 17 for carrying a pistol while hunting, being charged as an adult, and becoming a prohibited person for life.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    What if a 17 year old has one in the glove compartment in his parents car while he is driving?
    Very good question. You know how everyone or at least quite a few folks always throw out the vehicles being Extension of your home saying for guns.
    Well if your 17 year old was at home alone it would be legal to have the gun in the house or a bunch of guns.
    So if the Extension of your home is a real deal then the 17 year old would be fine.
    I always wanted to ask that.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I believe you are correct sir. The DA of Nola was giving everyone a Get out of jail Free card. If you surrendered your firearm the charges would be dropped. The best one was a guy was carrying a “Machine Gun” and the charges were dropped.
    This is an attempt to continue the myth that guns are inherently evil. Giving criminal behavior a pass and blaming an inanimate object!

Top Bottom