How long is the Indoor Range at Shooter's Club in Metairie?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    I used to shoot .45 bulleseye matches in the 80's when Louie Theriot owned the range, I know for a fact, the stalls and cables could be backed up to 75 ft, unless they renovated or changed the cables/tracks and steel walls in the back since Jefferson Indoor took over, I have shot since the transition and it does appear to the be the same cables and tracks

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I know it sure as hell feels like 25 yards. :rofl:

Next question...how far back are the plates at Honey Island's pistol range? They are 25yds as well, correct?

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I used to shoot .45 bulleseye matches in the 80's when Louie Theriot owned the range, I know for a fact, the stalls and cables could be backed up to 75 ft, unless they renovated or changed the cables/tracks and steel walls in the back since Jefferson Indoor took over, I have shot since the transition and it does appear to the be the same cables and tracks

Fair enough. i was there today, and for the life of me, it did not look like 25. maybe I am crazy because I am used to wider ranges.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'd guess the one on David is about 25' with the target all the way back to the dung pile. I consider that a "gun testing" range. I can't imagine why anyone would go out of their way to shoot in that **** hole.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I'm with NolaCop on this.
    I think it is short of 25 yrd. I shot there with a member & he said same.

Either way it is what it is.

Bayou Dragon is 50 yds.

I was a at an outdoor range once and a guy with us pulls out his laser range finder and looks at the the 50yd targets and proclaims they are at 51. It was hilarious at the moment.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Just called Mike at Shooter's club. He says that from the edge of the counter to where the targets stop dead is about 72-73 feet. One would have to step a couple feet back to make it a true 25 yards.

Thought it was much shorter than that.

bayouthunder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    River Ridge,La.
    It is shortet than that i measured it myself from bench to where hanger stops, is 62 feet. theres 5 feet of room behind the traps and the the trap is 5 feet the hanger stops at about 62 feet

Top Bottom