How to change a light bulb

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    I saw this on another forum and had to steal it...

how many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

•1 to change the light bulb then post about it
    •14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could've been changed differently
    •1 to move it to the Lighting folder
    •2 to argue and then move it to the Electrical folder
    •7 to point out grammar/spelling errors in post about changing light bulbs
    •5 to flame the spell checkers
    •3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    •6 to argue whether it's a light bulb or lightbulb
    •2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper tern is Lamp
    •15 know it all who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb is perfectly correct
    •19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take the discussion to the lightbulb forum
    •11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
    •36 to discuss the dangers of changing light bulbs without a professional opinion
    •5 to post a disclaimer that they are not light bulb experts, nor do they play one on TV and that anyone planning on changing their own light bulb should consult a professional
    •7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    •4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then to post the correct URLs
    •3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
    •13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add, "Me too."
    •5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
    •4 to say, "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
    •13 to say, "Do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs."
    •1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    1 to dig up and post the link to the three year old thread that covered light bulbs as related to light switches and light fixtures and post an emoticon with an exasperated expression suggesting the OP should have spent six hours reviewing 27 pages of responses to the old thread rather than just asking for a simple answer anew.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I saw this on another forum and had to steal it...

how many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

•1 to change the light bulb then post about it
    •14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could've been changed differently
    •1 to move it to the Lighting folder
    •2 to argue and then move it to the Electrical folder
    •7 to point out grammar/spelling errors in post about changing light bulbs
    •5 to flame the spell checkers
    •3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    •6 to argue whether it's a light bulb or lightbulb
    •2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper tern is Lamp
    •15 know it all who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb is perfectly correct
    •19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take the discussion to the lightbulb forum
    •11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
    •36 to discuss the dangers of changing light bulbs without a professional opinion
    •5 to post a disclaimer that they are not light bulb experts, nor do they play one on TV and that anyone planning on changing their own light bulb should consult a professional
    •7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    •4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then to post the correct URLs
    •3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
    •13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add, "Me too."
    •5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
    •4 to say, "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
    •13 to say, "Do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs."
    •1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

1 to point out that you forgot to post about the 5 that will post a reply without even reading the thread.

"proper *term is Lamp"

hahahahahahahahaga

This should be moved to a newly created "Joke of the Day" folder. Or I'm outta here.

1 to dig up and post the link to the three year old thread that covered light bulbs as related to light switches and light fixtures and post an emoticon with an exasperated expression suggesting the OP should have spent six hours reviewing 27 pages of responses to the old thread rather than just asking for a simple answer anew.

+1 that just has to say "that's freeking funny"

Me too! :p

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell

One to stand on the chair and hold the bulb and 4 to turn the chair !

1* I just hold the light bulb to the socket and let the whole world revolve around me!

1 to point out that you forgot to post about the 5 that will post a reply without even reading the thread.

and 4 to add to what was left out of the first post :D

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    And one to reply with a random response about bacon being delicious. Speaking of - I want bacon now!

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    That makes me think of the thread where JPSO is killing hogs with BACON preservatives.

That has nothing to do with lightbulbs, light bulbs, lamps, etc. Let's please try and keep this on topic or I will request this thread be closed and never post here again.

I'm just thrilled Don has not brought LED's into the conversation. That would take this in the wrong direction. ;)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom